For any who are interested in the "blues" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought major paint suppliers have scanners where they scan the color and the computer automatically comes up with the recipe? Ive never done it myself but I guy I know that has a old corvette had it done.
That's how it's always worked when I repainted a house. Find something removable (cover for the power meter or crawl space, or the kick vent on your FJ40) and they'll match.

OR, just look over their collection of cards to find something new.

Picking off a computer screen can be wildly inaccurate. That's why professional photographers and graphic artists have to use thing like this: SpyderX: Our Best Monitor Calibration Tool Ever | Datacolor - https://spyderx.datacolor.com/

Find something you like, print it out (and make sure it's the same), have the paint shop match it. At least lookup instructions and make sure your monitor is somewhat calibrated if you're going to keep looking at pictures online.

Scanning a picture is not ideal .
Im use to color matching , i was a motorhome painter at Prevost car for 15 years
A good friend of mine is the owner of a body shop , he let me take all the blue ppg sample for testing on different lightning (sunny , cloudy ,shadow) the one i chose is a universal code and is the way i see cadet blue , most of the other blue that was close have too much purple in it for my taste , but i never see a real cadet blue in person ,so i could be wrong

Last edited:
Scanning a picture is not ideal .
Im use to color matching , i was a motorhome painter at Prevost car for 15 years
A good friend of mine is the owner of a body shop , he let me take all the blue ppg sample for testing on different lightning (sunny , cloudy ,shadow) the one i chose is a universal code and is the way i see cadet blue , most of the other blue that was close have too much purple in it for my taste , but i never see a real cadet blue in person ,so i could be wrong
I think @jim land hit the nail on the head. He did a great match against the paint code images that are available, anything beyond that would need paint matching sourced from original Cadet Blue paint that we could color match. As far as I can tell the T-449 code appears to have died over time. It would be nice to see one in real life if anyone knows of any Cadet Blue patina out there...

This 45 look very good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom