FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I shouldn't have posted without pictures, but don't you love the suspense? I was pretty happy with the find. I was open to any cruiser from 86-2005, and hell half the 100's I looked at were rusted out but this one had the cleanest chassis by far. I'll get it cleaned up and post pictures this weekend.

fj62.jpg

A quick wash, and the start to 62 ownership. I'll make a post worth reading this weekend.

Looks great in dark, I'm sure in daylight it's a head turner! That's my wife's favorite color, that's why I bought gray:hillbilly:

Today I waxed her up real good. I doubt it will ever be this clean again. I do have a question, Snorkel or no Snorkel? I won’t have a need for one around here, but I think they look cool as hell haha. It’s always hard to make the final decision cut metal though… Who am I kidding though, I can't leave anything alone, hopefully I won't regret it!

17mar.jpg

17mar2.jpg

Last edited:
I say YES to the snorkel. Clearly it is a nice Cruiser but you are not keeping it stock based on the parts you have ordered and you are not making a garage/street queen. It sounds like you plan on hitting what trails you can find on the island so go ahead and make it the truck you want it to be. (You would not keep asking about the snorkel if you really did not want it:))

If you really dont need it, I say dont spoil it. This truck, in the condition its in, will look spectacular with a 2"/3" lift and 32s/33s depending on what your uses for this would be. So how do you plan on using it???

I like how you think. I'm sure i'll find what I can around Oahu, but i'd also like to take a trip with it to the big island which has far more opportunity for adventure! Hopefully the truck will be with me for the long haul, its already starting to grow on me.

I say YES to the snorkel. Clearly it is a nice Cruiser but you are not keeping it stock based on the parts you have ordered and you are not making a garage/street queen. It sounds like you plan on hitting what trails you can find on the island so go ahead and make it the truck you want it to be. (You would not keep asking about the snorkel if you really did not want it:))

It will be an all purpose 2nd vehicle, general adventure, hunting/fishing, camping. I don't generally go out just to go off road, it's usually a biproduct.

If you really dont need it, I say dont spoil it. This truck, in the condition its in, will look spectacular with a 2"/3" lift and 32s/33s depending on what your uses for this would be. So how do you plan on using it???

As I mentioned, I'm planning on running 255/85-16 tires. That means new wheels. After a call to Stockton today, I should have something in the mail hopefully this decade. I went a little different than the other "smoothies" i've seen on here, so I hope they turn out the way I'm envisioning them.

I wanted to update with a current picture. I've had quite a few delays, but Cruisers Outfitters helped me out my most irritating one and got a set of rear springs to me asap. I'll put some more details on the build later this week, but it's getting a little more in depth than I intented. The tires are 255 KM2's, wheels are 16x7 stocktons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom