FJ62 Smog related air injection check valve. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

The Toyota OEM air injection check valve on my FJ62 came apart. The physical check valve components separated inside the valve body, the rivet holding things together plugged one of the air feed tubes into the cylinder head. This part as many others is no longer available new from Toyota USA/Asia/UAE and most USA 3rd party parts suppliers. I was not able to find the exact match from any of the parts houses.

After spending hours in the Google search black hole. I was able to locate (isolate) a new replacement air injection check valve. Note: There are used Toyota check valves available from a few Land Cruiser dismantler shops.

The male threads on the FJ62 injection tube are M24x2.00. There is a 95% fit (new) Air injection check valve for early Datsun/Nissan 240z'. The threads are an exact match, however the hose nipple is about 5/8 in size. Where the OEM version is 3/4 in size. I plan to make a 3/4 to 5/8 hose adapter to compensate the size difference.

It is not a 100% solution. However, it can be made to work like the original. I do not think the smaller nipple size will impact the air flow injecting into the cylinder head. However, this is TBD. The smaller nipple size will increase the air pressure being injected into the cylinders. I will take the risk.

FJ62 - 3FE, FJ80 - 3FE use the same set up.

Saving the best for last. The Air injection check valve was only $12.00. Napa had their discontinued version listed at $108.00.... Toyota's version was over $200.00 when available.

Purchased on Rock Auto: Part Number WVE 1a3048
1592291299519.png

1592291466535.png

If anyone has other viable solutions for the check valve, please contribute to the thread.
De-smogging my rig is not an option.

Thanks

Really good news.
I was concerned about making hose adapter.

Cruiser Parts has an aftermarket valve that fits exactly. $49.

Did they buy a bunch of these? Last time I checked and when I contacted Wells Vehicle Electronics (mfg)...they discontinued it a while ago. I'd have to dig for the info again. I used the latter version above during my last smog and it worked just fine...used a couple loops of electrical tape to make the stock hose fit tight :).

Alf I told you to retap a few and sell them! What are you doing!?! Watching LA burn from your window?

Funny you should say that... When the Valley 'Protests' were happenin', I had to drive through a bunch of it in Van Nuys for a few nights. That was fun.

🔫

I just ordered the check valve from CruiserPartsNet. Seems to be available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom