Fj60 diesel conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can u post a pic of downpipe
Sorry for the delay, I'm scatter brain and thought I posted them up! Here ya go

20170406_182629.jpg

20170406_182652.jpg

Can u also explain what lower radiator hose u used.
I had to make my lower hose. I couldn't find one that had the bends I needed

Well today was the day!

20170409_180945.jpg

20170409_180951.jpg

20170409_181004.jpg

Ps don't mind the front spring hangers still attached.. I was too excited to test run it

Dumped 50 lbs off the upper spring rate today and needless to say this thing performs amazing. Way better off road and on road. Now everything is sitting where I intended it to. Lots some more height (which is great) better road manners too especially with the alignment and caster set this week. Going to play around with my pinion angle in the rear tomorrow and then it's on to making a new rear bumper. Gotta have it all pretty for cruise Moab ;)

20170414_205842.jpg

20170414_205720.jpg

20170414_205743.jpg

20170414_205806.jpg

20170414_205816.jpg

Went for a test run today on a local trail, unfortunately it wasn't that greatest day. Made buzz through the local off road pages even the jeep site. Luckily the damage was pretty minor, still sucks though

Pics didn't upload here they are

Screenshot_20170416-212036.png

Screenshot_20170416-212036.png

Screenshot_20170416-212131.png

Bummer, hope damage is minimal. s***ty post by Jeep dude, don't know why they would love seeing a cool build on its side. Must be jealous

Bummer, hope damage is minimal. s***ty post by Jeep dude, don't know why they would love seeing a cool build on its side. Must be jealous
Thanks man. Wrong day and wrong obstacle for the 60. It was going great until traction gave out and I was pretty much screwed on backing out at the point. Here's the damage

20170416_140953.jpg

20170416_140957.jpg

20170416_140959.jpg

Woah!! As Boots said that's not too bad... you still got the glass!

I would like to get the quarter and door pounded back in place. Rear light lines up a bit funny after I straightened it the best I could. The corner above the light is sunk in pretty well not quite sure how I'm going to get that corner straight again. I don't really have sheet metal tools or skills haha

Post up some of the carnage. I've taken a hit out of the corner above the tail light on mine, maybe I can help...

Badass work finishing it up!!! Sucks that you flopped it, but like others said, damage looks minimal.

Been awhile since I have posted. Been on a few trips with the same results. I have major issues with the coil overs unloading hard on any steep incline. Along with this If I throw any kinda angle in the mix it tries to flop me, Every time. I have had the rig sitting for months now in total disgust and now I would like to figure it out. All we can come up with is a center axle strap as the Remedy for this. Unfortunately I don't think I can fit a cradle for that and I also feel it will cause alot of binding issues on the side to side flex. Do you guys have any ideas on what would fix this? I'm also thinking the 6bt weight has alot to do with this

From your pics it looks like when you flex out, the high side shock angle becomes less than 90 degrees perpendicular to the axle housing. This will change the spring rate when it happens so it might feel like the other side is unloading when it isn't. Is there any way you could inboard the top end of the coilovers more?

Limit straps on front axle may help, or remove a leaf in rear for more flex. It looks like the front has way more travel than the rear. With the extra weight up front the vehicle body will align it self more with the front axle than the rear. In the Jeep post picture you can see what I am talking about, the rig is closer to alignment with front axle than back axle. This is forcing the rig to tilt away from parallel to the ground. Without seeing more pictures this is my best guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom