Fj60/62's top the list of Haggerty's hottest cars this spring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally

$11,100
#4 vehicles are daily drivers, with flaws visible to the naked eye. The chrome might have pitting or scratches, the windshield might be chipped. Paintwork is imperfect, and perhaps the body has a minor dent. Split seams or a cracked dash, where applicable, might be present. No major parts are missing, but the wheels could differ from the originals, or other non- stock additions might be present. A #4 vehicle can also be a deteriorated restoration. "Fair" is the one word that describes a #4 vehicle.

Where is #60? "rust"

Well this explains the recent upswing in random people approaching me and asking me if I want to sell my truck. Now parking in the back yard out of sight after someone came to my *front door* to ask about it. FYI I live in the boonies and its not bloody likely to have a random drive by in my neighborhood. Hell, we don't even get the religious crackpots bothering us.

Glenn in Marana (Boonies) Arizona

87 FJ 60
74 Bronco Sport
77 Bronco Sport
86 Bronco XLT
79 BMW 633
2002 BMW M5

All owned minimum 15 years. Most owned more than 25y. All driven regularly (except 74 which is a work in progress)

Crazy or brilliant? Who cares. I finally will be able to have the wife see them all in the same place at the same time without fear of having to involuntarily camp.

The world though has finally caught up

collector's cars are parked in checkerboard floor garages with car covers over them. They have brand new paint and tires and are rarely driven except on Sundays to car show events.

How depressing

That was your father's collector car. Today's collector cars are generally referred to as RestoMods and they are driven. That is the point. More and more collectors want cars that they can hop in and drive to the other side of the country if they choose. Some have brand new paint, some have brand new power train and others even have brand new interior. Some have all of the above.

Land Cruisers are no longer the bastion of those that found that expensive vehicles when purchased new from the dealer can be had for pennies on the dollar. The word is out!

The sheer utility of the 60/62 is undeniable. I can’t not drive mine every day

I've owned my FJ60 for more than half my life. Somebody would really have to back up the Money Truck to get me to part with it.

Also, does it bother anybody else that the article mentions the Mazda MX-5, but features a picture of an RX-7?

I'm with Big Cruiser Guy, owned my '84 BJ60 since '85 (I was born in '56), so more than 1/2 my life, too.
My better half won't hear of me even thinking of letting it go, I figure she'd leave me AND take the dog with her if that ever happened....

mines so rusty that i would feel bad selling it to a new owner for more than i paid for it ($1250) so guess ill just keep it!

Also, does it bother anybody else that the article mentions the Mazda MX-5, but features a picture of an RX-7?

RX-7 is on the list tied for #4. The Bronco shown is in a tie for #7. I guess they showed representative pictures from the top three groupings.

Last edited:
Now the prices of new and used parts will soon follow too :eek:
Hopefully this will make some companies want to start re-manufacturing parts.

“The FJ60 is the newest Land Cruiser that we price, and it’s been rising for a few years, but it increased sharply in 2019 and early 2020”

Anyone know if this article is only referring to the 60 & not 62? I’m new to the 60 series and looking to pick up a 1990. Would be nice to buy a 90 now if the prices maybe haven’t increased like the 60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom