Fj60/62's top the list of Haggerty's hottest cars this spring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Part sellers already think that their rusty crap is actually gold.

Dyno

“The FJ60 is the newest Land Cruiser that we price, and it’s been rising for a few years, but it increased sharply in 2019 and early 2020”

Anyone know if this article is only referring to the 60 & not 62? I’m new to the 60 series and looking to pick up a 1990. Would be nice to buy a 90 now if the prices maybe haven’t increased like the 60.
It’s apples to apples.

“The FJ60 is the newest Land Cruiser that we price, and it’s been rising for a few years, but it increased sharply in 2019 and early 2020”

Anyone know if this article is only referring to the 60 & not 62? I’m new to the 60 series and looking to pick up a 1990. Would be nice to buy a 90 now if the prices maybe haven’t increased like the 60.

They are referring to 60 and 62. In fact, a 1990 FJ62 just sold on bring a trailer for $66,500. However, I know there have to be good trucks and good deals out there to be found. Good luck.

I am so happy to see this! It took several years but I have been proven correct in my thoughts about the direction of my business. I have been Resto-Modding 60/62 series for 8 years now. This popularity can also be seen by those who design and build parts for the 60/62 series like Jason at Trail Tailor. I find it somewhat amusing that some find this news to be a negative. 60/62 ownership is not an exclusive club with members only interested in going out on the trails. They are beautiful trucks that deserve a place in classic automotive history. To that end I continue to see more and more of them offered in random condition at classic car auctions, more often than not bringing more money than EBs (Early Broncos). This will lead to more and more of them being saved rather than being left to slowly rot. I am hoping the same proves out true about mid 80s Mercedes 107 class roadsters.

"In a Hagerty valuation list of the top 25 Hottest Collector Vehicles for spring 2020, the Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 and FJ62, built between 1981 and 1990, was ranked at No. 1. The Jeep Cherokee, model years 1974 through 1983, sits at the No. 4 slot, and the first-generation Ford Bronco is No. 7. "

Taken from this article.

I am so happy to see this! It took several years but I have been proven correct in my thoughts about the direction of my business. I have been Resto-Modding 60/62 series for 8 years now. This popularity can also be seen by those who design and build parts for the 60/62 series like Jason at Trail Tailor. I find it somewhat amusing that some find this news to be a negative. 60/62 ownership is not an exclusive club with members only interested in going out on the trails. They are beautiful trucks that deserve a place in classic automotive history. To that end I continue to see more and more of them offered in random condition at classic car auctions, more often than not bringing more money than EBs (Early Broncos). This will lead to more and more of them being saved rather than being left to slowly rot. I am hoping the same proves out true about mid 80s Mercedes 107 class roadsters.

"In a Hagerty valuation list of the top 25 Hottest Collector Vehicles for spring 2020, the Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 and FJ62, built between 1981 and 1990, was ranked at No. 1. The Jeep Cherokee, model years 1974 through 1983, sits at the No. 4 slot, and the first-generation Ford Bronco is No. 7. "

Taken from this article.
See my problem is this is effectively pricing me out of my own Cruiser. Parts are getting so expensive and keeping it running is now taking more than it did when I first got it 6 years ago when I was 18. I fully agree this car should be respected and valued, but its a Land Cruiser. They deserve to be used not bought and kept in a garage for a Sunday drive. Honestly I feel the same about Broncos and Blazers. Both of them are work trucks, but since people want them they treat them like a super car. But thats just my 2 cents.

Though on the part of your company, I am extremely impressed of your forward thinking. I dont blame you for welcoming this news, expecially because it means your gonna be improving business.

This is the price we pay for good taste. Six to ten years ago is about when these vehicles were at their most affordable. I bought mine in 2014 for $3400. I've sent Jason at Trail Taylor more than that with no regrets. If someone offered me $17k cash, I'd have to decline. What would I replace it with?

This is the price we pay for good taste. Six to ten years ago is about when these vehicles were at their most affordable. I bought mine in 2014 for $3400. I've sent Jason at Trail Taylor more than that with no regrets. If someone offered me $17k cash, I'd have to decline. What would I replace it with?
I mean i understand, i got mine because it was affordable and the opportunity presented itself. Then I just fell in love with it and I dont think I could ever sell it. I guess im just bitter that I can't afford to give it the attention it needs anymore.

Though to be honest I've taught myself so much trying to solve problems because I couldn't afford to pay to have them fixed.

I fully agree this car should be respected and valued, but its a Land Cruiser. They deserve to be used not bought and kept in a garage for a Sunday drive.
I would hope that a lot of stock ones remain garage queens so they are preserved. Others can be used for their intended purpose and modded. The biggest threat to them is not being used but rusting away.

I guess im just bitter that I can't afford to give it the attention it needs anymore.

This is what I believe is at the heart of a great many owner's negative attitude toward the values rising on the 60/62 and other Land Cruisers as well. You can't afford it today, but that does not mean you will not be able to afford it in the future. The up side for you is that you own a vehicle that is appreciating in value. Ten years from now you may well find yourself in the position to make the changes you choose.

I have heard from interested parties many times when inquiring about the cost of a swap that they just can not afford, or currently justify that expense. I have also been told my prices are too high and even been called a rip off. Just because a person can not afford what they want does not make me a rip off.

There are many things in life that I like that I can not afford currently, leaving several paths of action. Save until I can afford, work longer and harder until I can afford or accept that I can not afford it and move on in life. Ask anyone that knows me and many will reply they have heard me say "The sad part is that I can not afford some of the trucks I have built" Real life :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom