Registry FJ55 Registry (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.pvcruisers.com
Hi All-
I’m putting together an FJ-55 registry as some parts seem to be harder and harder to find. Personally I’ve become so frustrated trying to find parts, I’ve started making my own. I think synergies can be developed between the ‘55’s owners. Please provide the following for the registry:

Owners Name
Year
VIN
Email
State FJ-55 resides
Any Modifications

Please email information to fj55tlc@gmail.com

When I assemble the information, I’ll create a web page where owners can view each others info, via a login (your email address) and a password. Always open to suggestions….

Thanks

Seth

Seth Smith
'72 FJ-55
California
VIN: I'll go get it
Mods: '77 disk brakes ( 2F motor and H55 ready and waiting)

This pic was taken on the way into Saline Valley around Dec 30 2004. Had to turn around due to a lack of chains. Total white out conditions too
fj55.jpg

Last edited:
On the way into the hot springs ? That's a sweet place back in there. Haven't had the 40 in there yet, but I plan on it sometime this year.

Rig for sale...

I'll play...

Carlos
Central Oregon
1970 and 1977 FJ55's

'70 Pig: 4" Safari lift, OME shocks, 33" BFG Muds, 38 Weber carb, 6-1 headers, 4.56's, front shackle rev, disk brakes, etc. FOR SALE! $4500

'77 Pig: Basically restored to stock, Yak rack and 4+ bumpers.
Lucy FJ55 020 copy.jpg
Lily FJ55 copy.jpg

Last edited:
I purchased the Safari 4" Suspension kit from Man-A-Fre a few years ago...

So, I beleive the springs are Safari brand. It has (probably) a 2" over stock springs coupled with (probably) 2" over stock anti-inversion/greaseable shackles. I got the OME shocks and U-bolt flip kit with it as well. Firm at first, but more stable at speeds and cornering-without rear stabilizer. Allows for heavy loads and I like the upgrade over stock, of course.

Please provide the following for the registry:

Owners Name: Pighead
Year: 12/'74
VIN: FJ55046713
Email: Pighead@Pigsty.us
State FJ-55 resides: Camino, Ca.
Any Modifications: early wind-wing doors, '69 front fenders, '69 hood with custom hot-rod louvers punched, Hand-painted with black Herculiner, IPOR rear bumper, home-made 4" channel front bumper and 3" angle sliders, Corbeau buckets, Simpson harnesses, Tuffy console, Panasonic dash unit, Autometer gauges(oil pressure, volt, water temp and vacuum), One Kick-Ass Hi-Po (still a dog on the hills) 2F/F(rankenengine): 2F block bored 50 over, Federal-Mogul pistons, Sealed-Power rings, balanced, RV cam, ported Late-F head, Downey header, Flowmaster, Big-cap Toyota dizzy and dented side cover, Clifford cast aluminum valve cover. Jim C. '74 carb, 150 amp Hehr alternator, matching voltage regulator, Saginaw power steering with Scout box, 4x4 Labs Hi steer, Mini knuckles. vented FJ60 rotors, V6 4Runner calipers, Ruff-Stuff spring plates and U-bolts, Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front 30-spline Long's, Rear Poly's, Earl's stainless brake lines, dual Optimas, stainless battery tray, SM465/ NP203 GRB/AA/LC 4 speed transfer case doubler, 4.88s (125:1 crawl ratio), dual case-savers, Butch-Built tranny hump/triple-stick shifter, Butch-built skid plate, SOA and traction bar by FC fabrications, RS 9000s, 37x14.5x15 Toyo M/Ts on black Rockcrushers with 2" backspace and a pair of pink panties flying from the CB mast. Now with a '69 grill, K9's side vents, a raffle-prize winch, Poser's rear disc brakes, a Toyota Hi-Po intake manifold, new head gasket and 95% mojo...

another pig under the knife! - Pirate4x4.Com

YouTube - fj55 having fun on the CON #2

pighead - YouTube
Rubithon 2010 - YouTube
Rubithon 2010 - YouTube
Rubithon 2010, WOW!!! - YouTube
pismodunesmaller2.jpg
oldsluice.jpg
pghead2.jpg
SnoPig.jpg
nn0w.jpg

Last edited:
Owners Name : Richard Rudnicki
Year : 1973
VIN : Ill have to look
Email : rrudnic@clemson.edu
State FJ-55 resides : Clemson, SC
Any Modifications : 2" shackle lift, Roof chopped from 2nd door back, Fuel Cell, Pre 68 yota engine, Soon to be welded rear

Pic coming soon

Eric Allgood (Hodag)
VIN? (its snowing outside)
eallgood@cox.net
Nebraska

This pic is when I got the truck home from Ogden, UT. I havent taken a current pic lately.

Body-- cut off rockers and rear lower fenders, fabbed new sliders and corner protectors.

Interior-- Gutted interior, Rhinoline up to bottom of windows, 7/16" carpet pad, gray auto carpet, VW Vanagon buckets and rear bench, Kenwood head unit and 6.5" door speakers, 2- 10" Pyle subs in custom box under rear bench. New lower door panels. Headliner in progress, new dash cover on order.

Drivetrain-- 1990 GM 4bolt 350 and TH400 to Toyota tcase. Dual Flowmasters. Stock axles for now.

Wheels and Tires-- 31x10.5 Goodyear Wrangler ATs on American Racing Outlaws

On the board once the weather breaks-- Saginaw PS conversion, disk brakes out of my FJ40. ConnFerr shackles. Trim fenders. 33x12.5 BFG MTs. Finish headliner. Paint
passside2.jpg

Been watching this thread for awhile...

Nial Maloney
Sacramento
Vin: FJ55077471 (1977)
Email: surfpig@earthlink.net

Modifications: ~2" lift; 33x9.5 tires; mini-truck p/s; BMW buckets; pertronix (Mels) ignition; buncha stuff I can't seem to think of right now, been foolin' with it for a couple of years now, rebuilt or have paid someone to rebuild just about everything I can think of. Now I just having fun driving it.

Owners Name: Ben Lowery
Year: 1976
Vin: FJ5561812
Email:
State FJ55 Resides In: Colorado
Modifications: 4" Alcan Lift, 35" BFG muds, snorkle!, Warn 5687, custom rocker/bumpers, need to install: dual ARB's, 4 wheel discs

rotwpig1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
FJBen- So, you did buy the other one! I saw your post elsewhere about the new-to-you piggie. Nice pig! I hope you find it a new home soon. I have been eyeballing a couple more local pigs and may pick one up to spruce-up and then sell. That way I can keep owning multiple pigs...

I am still debateing between some custom Alcans or a SOA on my new pig. I am trying to drive both- too bad you live so far away.

Lucy_FJ55 said:
FJBen- So, you did buy the other one! I saw your post elsewhere about the new-to-you piggie. Nice pig! I hope you find it a new home soon. I have been eyeballing a couple more local pigs and may pick one up to spruce-up and then sell. That way I can keep owning multiple pigs...

I am still debateing between some custom Alcans or a SOA on my new pig. I am trying to drive both- too bad you live so far away.

Yup, picked her up earlier this week. Pig Farming is fun!!!!

The 72 has OME shocks and Safari springs, my 76 has Alcans and doetsch tech. The alcans ride waaaay better. Haven't tried the flex test yet but i would definitely think the Alcans are better. They are a better built spring, teflon pads etc...and they are the true lift height. Both are supposed to be 4" lifts...but my 76 sits quite a bit higher, i know the tires are some of that, but it's more that 2"

That said, next year I will do the SOA on mine using the de-arched alcans. That is my best solution...I would suggest Alcans SOA for yours...around ~$200 a spring...

sent to Seth by email, but will postup here too:

me: Sean Rooney

year: 1976

VIN: FJ55561064

state: Upper Peninsula of Michigan

mods: SOA, custom bumpers and sliders by Lance Williams, Warn 8274 winch, 35" MT/R's on steel rockcrawler wheels, minitruck power steering

most recent previous owners: Casey Campbell, Todd Kaderabek

Pics. In my front yard, then at the top of Mt. Marquette, overlooking Lake Superior:

FJ55.jpg

Mesnard2.jpg

Last edited:
I'll bite on this.

Stevan Gerber
Salt Lake City, Utah
Blue_Heeler@hotmail.com
VIN# FJ5559111

Have yet to start the mod projects, but there are plenty in mind. It is coming with a 350 V8 though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom