Wanted FJ45LV Window Cranks (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scoobiedubes

SILVER Star
Threads
I know this is a very long shot (any LV request is) but I’m trying to find a set of window cranks for the FJ28 I’m restoring. Based on photos of the pink FJ28VA that did the Chile to Alaska trip it looks like the Gifu-bodied 28s had the same window cranks as the 45LV had. Please let me know if you have any. Even a single would help, then maybe I could repro it somehow.

1622057441385.png

1622057535634.jpeg

Just an fyi......those are the early style. There is also a later style. The early ones seem more prone to failure due to the thin design.

@scoobiedubes

I think I might know someone who may be able to reproduce those in aluminum. :)

This shape looks super familiar..

1623191983870.png

I have a set from a 65 complete with rubbers and pins.View attachment 2696082View attachment 2696085View attachment 2696089View attachment 2696095 The LV they came off of has a 4 stamped on frame and a T-65 brass tag on the firewall. Also have a couple of inside door opener handles. Looks to be one early one late.
very interested I'll PM ya!
@scoobiedubes

I think I might know someone who may be able to reproduce those in aluminum. :)

This shape looks super familiar..

View attachment 2698222
That handle is the same as the later inside ambulance door handles I believe - not completely sure if these were correct for an LV ever or not? @JackA do you know if the door handle levers changed on the LV too or was it just the window cranks? And @thecrazygreek you beat me to it, if I was able to locate one I had hoped to rope you into trying to repro one :)

Last edited:
The lever for an ambulance door is different than LV stuff.
The window cranks and door levers changed at the same time for the LV. The later stuff is definitely a stronger design.

@scoobiedubes Here’s some info I found while perusing the FJ Company website

View attachment 3613463
Those guys probably have all their own fab and machinist capabilities. I’ve emailed them before asking if they could “help a brother out” but got crickets. I did end up casting some a couple years back that I can hopefully make work. They’re heavy as hell though!

LV window cranks and the metal escutcheons behind them are in the “unobtainium” category.

…AND there are two types:bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom