SOLD FOUND. FJ45 Rear Turn Signal Lenses (see picture) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wadesters

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cwcruisers.com
I am looking for these turn signal lenses new old stock. I checked all the usual places and have not found them. Anyone know if they are available from any vendor? Cross posted to FJ40 section.

Thank you

IMG_2272.jpeg

Out of stock, but can’t hurt to ask him to make another run.

I think I bought mine from SOR, they still have them. I bought the gasket too, might have been from cityracer.

Out of stock, but can’t hurt to ask him to make another run.
I knew about these but they are not correct for mine. Thanks

Chris,

Red/clear lenses were on the Toyota Stout pickup. Many of the old red/orange lenses had the orange color fade-out. There also were red/red for the Land Cruisers, as well as red/orange with an inset reflector.

The Stout lenses have a different style clear section than the one you have pictured.

Seems several suppliers have the red and amber. Mine are supposed to be red and clear. Thanks for the responses so far!
The amber fades over the years, making them look like they were clear.

I've got red/red ones on my 65 and the short side is faded also, not sure why but it always seems to be the short side whether red or amber is more prone to fade versus the long side.

Owen export? had reproduced the gasket way back when, I've got some of them

Chris,

Looks like at least 2 places have it for sale. Red/Red or Amber/Red.

Does anyone know when they changed over? Year or month/year? Trying to determine what’s correct for my ‘67.

E17AB4ED-7E11-4586-8AF1-6583AB4AB30B.png

FD4DFBB7-789A-407D-9C85-CAA6B68DE6F2.png

Last edited:
here are some pics of some of my old lenses
first 2 are on my 65, I'm thinking original red/red short side is faded on both
3rd pic is just ones I have top one is a stout with housing, bottom one looks like a red/amber middle one looks amber also
reproduction gasket from Owens Export??

I still find it odd, whether it is red or amber the short side fades and the larger red side doesn't seem to fade even after 50+ years
is the short side made by a different manufacturer? 2 halves glued together??

DSCF4874.JPG

DSCF4875.JPG

DSCF4876.JPG

DSCF4877.JPG

@3_puppies I was wondering the same thing wrt one side fading more than the other (or even not at all). Could it be a heat effect from that sides’ light being on more/enough to impact properties? One side is brakes/lights and the other side is turn signal?

teaser pics,
NOS goodness and the Foxfab reproductions

DSCF4883.JPG

DSCF4884.JPG

@3_puppies I was wondering the same thing wrt one side fading more than the other (or even not at all). Could it be a heat effect from that sides’ light being on more/enough to impact properties? One side is brakes/lights and the other side is turn signal?

Yes 1 is turn only and the other is tail and brake
but
the turn, smaller side, is the part that is fading

Wonder if LED bulbs would help? No heat produced. I had read somewhere (I’ll see if I can find a link) that it’s better to use a red or amber colored bulb behind their respective lenses. Since the lense doesn’t filter out the red/amber spectrum it provides a richer color.

Wonder if LED bulbs would help? No heat produced. I had read somewhere (I’ll see if I can find a link) that it’s better to use a red or amber colored bulb behind their respective lenses. Since the lense doesn’t filter out the red/amber spectrum it provides a richer color.

the turn signal side of the lense is what is faded, can't think a blinking bulb would create enough heat to do any damage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom