FJ40 lug nut torque (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got tires for my 74 FJ40 but the shop won't install them unless i have an owners manual with the correct torque specs. I can't find any torque specs in the FSM's and Haynes manuals I have. Of course I can't buy the tires without their installation. Can anyone help me find a manual with the lug nut torque specs in it? I'm almost considering just photoshopping one for them and then just giving it a snug-up it on my own when I get home.

I'm almost considering just photoshopping one for them and then just giving it a snug-up it on my own when I get home.
^this...being subversive in this manner is harmless fun.

I'm sure someone will be able to help you out but just FYI, SOR has that manual for $13.

C3F63773-60C2-4E8F-9C5E-D4E633A951CB.jpeg

Owners manual 65-87lbs

3 ugga dugga's with the ugga dugga gun oughta do it.

The tire shops I’ve been to don’t actually torque the lug nuts. The just ram them on super tight with the impact gun, take it off the lift and park it. Then they have the shop flunky go put a torque wrench on them all till it clicks. Now they can say they have torqued them but of course they’re all way over torqued. Then I bring it home, loosen them and torque them properly.
And if they snap off a stud, they'll tell ya how lucky you are that your defective stud failed while in the shop and not on the road.

The tire shops I’ve been to don’t actually torque the lug nuts. The just ram them on super tight with the impact gun, take it off the lift and park it. Then they have the shop flunky go put a torque wrench on them all till it clicks. Now they can say they have torqued them but of course they’re all way over torqued. Then I bring it home, loosen them and torque them properly.
And if they snap off a stud, they'll tell ya how lucky you are that your defective stud failed while in the shop and not on the road.
You must go to some lousy tire shops. My shop takes good care with the Pig, torqes lugnuts by hand right in front of me. Of couse they know I'm watching their every move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom