FJ40 & FJ60 Alternator Restorations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ60Cam

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.mosleymotors.com
We have discontinued this service, and recommend looking for a local armature shop familiar with Denso (most are). :beer:

Now offering alternator facelifts & rebuilds for 40 & 60 series alternators. Send it to us for a dip in our Fountain of Youth.

Your crusty alternator is tested for functionality, lovingly disassembled, blasted to clean metal, brushes & bearings replaced, and a fresh coat of varnish and high temp paint applied.

Last edited:
They can’t all be saved, and sometimes they don’t come apart, but check out the miraculous transformation on this particularly crusty swamp creature...

Before:

Several tetanus shots later:

Your Restoration Work is simply Amazing !

The Attention to period correct details like clear-coating the brown in the Middle is great

Im Subscribed

Do you have access to the vacuum pump parts to fix that half of a BJ60 alternator?

Do you have access to the vacuum pump parts to fix that half of a BJ60 alternator?

I don’t. Aside from bearings and brushes, parts for these are hard to come by.

Oooh how bout fj62/80 3FE alternators?

How about a mid-60s Alt? :)
44578327030_b70839bd86_b.jpg

Now offering alternator facelifts & rebuilds for 40 & 60 series alternators. Send it to us for a dip in our Fountain of Youth.

Your crusty alternator is tested for functionality, lovingly disassembled, blasted to clean metal, brushes & bearings replaced, and a fresh coat of varnish and high temp paint applied.

Currently priced at $125 + return shipping and typically takes about a week to turn it around. Send yours in today for some love at the alternator spa.

This is a great price for a rebuild. I have a local shop that still rebuilds alternators, last one was $75, but the rebuild doesn't receive this detail of attention.

Truth be told- I have a basket case alt that my rebuilder said had an open winding and he couldn’t get one... can you still rebuild it?

If yours can’t, I doubt my guys can either. Probably cheaper and easier to grab another one.

Bummer. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom