FJ40 Cross-Country Expedition: Will YOU join us??? (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's sitting in my 42 in the garage. I need a target to bring it to next. East, West, North, South... doesn't matter.

It's sitting in my 42 in the garage. I need a target to bring it to next. East, West, North, South... doesn't matter.
It’s a ways out but...

5A534B4E-6806-4112-9F18-702FBA4B3AC2.jpeg

@mesa man I have been interested in doing Death Valley in my 40 for quite some time. I live in Prescott Valley,AZ and work in Phoenix. Been looking for someone to do this with for a while. Tom

This area has been my stomping ground for the last 30 years. I could give you some info on some great places to see within the surrounding valleys. When are you thinking of going?

This area has been my stomping ground for the last 30 years. I could give you some info on some great places to see within the surrounding valleys. When are you thinking of going?

Done any Canyoneering there?

Someone needs to come through southern Utah so I can pass this damn briefcase off! I’ll be in Moab this weekend, Kanab area the first weekend of April. Durango at some point this summer...

My offer to drive to any state bordering Utah for a hand off still stands :steer:

@mesa man I have been interested in doing Death Valley in my 40 for quite some time. I live in Prescott Valley,AZ and work in Phoenix. Been looking for someone to do this with for a while. Tom
Hey Tom,
we would have really enjoyed another 40 on the trip with us. @devo and his wife joined the caravan from Denver , followed us to DV
We packed our fam of 4 in the 40 for 3 weeks, 2019 miles, 1 epic trip! I am sure I will be planning another trip soon, and you are welcome to join us ! have you checked out my DV fj40 article in Toyota Trails? Another article is in the works! :steer: shoot me a pm

Done any Canyoneering there?

Someone needs to come through southern Utah so I can pass this damn briefcase off! I’ll be in Moab this weekend, Kanab area the first weekend of April. Durango at some point this summer...

My offer to drive to any state bordering Utah for a hand off still stands :steer:
Would have been sweet to take the briefcase to DV!

@John in Utah , I can grab the briefcase the week of 4/16 if it really needs to be passed? I could get it to Texas if it needs to go there?

devo

I could get it to Texas if it needs to go there?

All three briefcases/toolboxes have already been through Texas, but I guess we can pass them through again.

All three briefcases/toolboxes have already been through Texas, but I guess we can pass them through again.
IIRC there were some MUD members in flyover country that expressed interest in participating. Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, etc. Denver could be a good gateway for that.

I can certainly get the B case to Denver.
I’d be willing to meet any members from Kansas,Oklahoma or Nebraska at the boarder for a hand off.

devo

I can meet you in Grand Junction pretty easily. Unless you are planning to be through Salt Lake?

I’ll be through Grand Junktown on April 18 or 19. Also April 29 or 30 (I’ll know which days in a few weeks).
And I’ll be in GJ the week of June 17 - 23.

So I guess you pick from those days and we’ll get er done.

devo

The briefcase came through Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, New Mexico again, then Utah. Las Vegas would be another option, a lot of MUD members there.

Who is “in charge” of where the briefcase goes? What determines where the goes? I need to be educated!

I’m happy to deliver it to my adjoining states of Ks, Nb, Ok.
Vegas is out of my territory.

devo

Last edited:
Who is “in charge” of where the briefcase goes? What determines where the goes?

The answer to both is, whoever has it at that moment.

I arranged to drive, meet, and hand them off here on this very thread.

Just as important, be sure to document your travels and adventures while driving and passing it off in this thread here:
Our Travelogue...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom