FJ40 Cowl Vent/Damper Gasket (1 Viewer)

I am doing a complete new paint job (original colors) and it makes sense to replace old cracked rubber gaskets and weatherstripping. I have relied on Specter (SOR) for OEM and Aftermarket parts with good success over the years. Only aftermarket gaskets are available for 1969 (pre 3/69 production) model. Has anyone had good or bad experience with City Racer LLC as a parts supplier? They offer the gasket at a substantial discount over other FJ40 parts suppliers.

Jdc1

SILVER Star
I am doing a complete new paint job (original colors) and it makes sense to replace old cracked rubber gaskets and weatherstripping. I have relied on Specter (SOR) for OEM and Aftermarket parts with good success over the years. Only aftermarket gaskets are available for 1969 (pre 3/69 production) model. Has anyone had good or bad experience with City Racer LLC as a parts supplier? They offer the gasket at a substantial discount over other FJ40 parts suppliers.

City Racer offers top notch service and products.

thebigredrocker

SILVER Star
It is the original and still functions well but seems like now is the time to replace since the entire exterior and interior is being repainted.

I installed the aftermarket gasket and noticed when I washed my rig water leaked in behind the dash. Efforts to make adjustments in the closing pressure of the damper didn't solve my issue. So, I ended up reinstalling the old OEM gasket and tested for water leakage. In my case the old gasket sealed better. I greatly appreciate Racer65's effort to offer a replacement. Just wanted to share my damper experience. I'd recommend you do a water test with the OEM vent seal(if not too far gone) and aftermarket.

I installed the aftermarket gasket and noticed when I washed my rig water leaked in behind the dash. Efforts to make adjustments in the closing pressure of the damper didn't solve my issue. So, I ended up reinstalling the old OEM gasket and tested for water leakage. In my case the old gasket sealed better. I greatly appreciate Racer65's effort to offer a replacement. Just wanted to share my damper experience. I'd recommend you do a water test with the OEM vent seal(if not too far gone) and aftermarket.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I don’t have any leaks now with the old original gasket. Maybe I should leave well enough alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom