FJ40 Front Vent Window Gasket - Bike Tube Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have heard that others are using a bike tube as the gasket for a FJ40 front vent window gasket. We tried this, but the bike innertube as too thin. For those who have done this in the past, are you doubling the innertube to get the correct thickness or ?

I have done a search on IH8Mud but didnt find any prior posts.

Here is a picture of the wing vent as a reference.

20141015_180133jpg.image.750x544.jpg

Last edited:
My doors don't have wing windows. so I haven't had that issue. So I guess you need to use thicker material at least in the gap or perhaps tighten up the locking mechanism. Car innertube might be a choice; I'd rather have only one layer of gasket glued to the glass on both sides.

Maybe stop at the local auto glass shop, maybe they have generic fit rubber channel you can buy for a few bucks.

My doors don't have wing windows. so I haven't had that issue. So I guess you need to use thicker material at least in the gap or perhaps tighten up the locking mechanism. Car innertube might be a choice; I'd rather have only one layer of gasket glued to the glass on both sides.

Maybe stop at the local auto glass shop, maybe they have generic fit rubber channel you can buy for a few bucks.
Exactly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom