FJ40 1970 RHD Bench Seat with Toolbox (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm trying to bring my 1970 FJ40 back to original as much as possible and one of the issues I have is the front bench seat with the toolbox underneath. The FJ40 is a right hand drive model (Australia) and has the bench seat on the left, not on the right as is the case with US models. When I bought the FJ40, it had a long range fuel tank installed with a separate frame and Mitsubishi seats. I've removed and sold the fuel tank and sourced an original fuel tank, a toolbox and seats. Original FJ40 seats are very hard to find and I bought seats from a FJ45 instead. The FJ45 seat is fixed and does not allow access to the toolbox. Does anyone have pictures of a RHD model with the toolbox under the bench seat? Does the seat have a hinge and where is the frame mounted to the floor?

Not a pic of real setup but parts manual, John Pardi sent this to me. HTH.
D5D529EB-289E-46D9-8AD5-254093F459AC.jpeg

Not a pic of real setup but parts manual, John Pardi sent this to me. HTH.
View attachment 1606403
Thank you very much for posting the picture, it will help me a great deal. I might be able to modify the seat I have and make it hinge instead of mounting it fixed to the floor. This will allow access to the toolbox without the seat in the way. It looks like it is the same construction as for a Left Hand Drive FJ40, but then applied to the bench seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom