FJ Wheels + 285/70/r17's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Been studying all your posts for the past 10 months and finally am building out my 2007 GX.

Last fall I had Cruiser Outfitters in SLC put a 2.5" OME lift on the rig when the airbags busted. At the same time I put on 265/17/r17s on my stock lexus wheels.

Now that I'm building out the rig into a true overland vehicle I want to upgrade to 285/17/r17 Falekn WildPeaks.

A buddy of mine gave me stock 2007 FJ rims. I've tried looking online to see if they'll fit without rubbing. I'm open to doing a body mount chop but don't want to do spacers.

Anyone know of someone who has run 2007 stock FJ rims & Falken/BFG 285s on the GX before?

(attaching two pics. #1 is my rig at the moment. #2 is the buildout I'm aiming to complete over the next few months)

IMG_2275.JPG

lexus-gx470-totally-customized-luxury-offroad-vehicle-3.JPG

285 on stock fj rims may rub the uca as they have a positive offset. They are also narrow (7.5" as I recall) so you may have some shops not want to mount a wider tire.

I ran this combo on my 4runner. The FJ Cruiser wheels pushed my tires away from my ucas vs my factory wheels. I just trimmed some plastic.

We have a '07 GX and are running Kumho Road Venture AT51 Tire LT285/70R17 on factory 17" rims, no lift and no issues with rubbing either on the UCA it te running boards.. don't know if we will have any when we dump the air bags... But the bigger tires improved the ride and handling big time.
Have a great Texas Day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom