Fire extinguisher (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mounted to the roll bar behind the driver’s seat.

LINK: Quick release mount purchased on Amazon

1454FA9C-2CF7-4D46-B7E5-51C024B1E1CF.jpeg
A30C8FFC-DD97-4ED9-84E8-0CBD85BE1683.jpeg

Right below the hip bar on the cage. It’s never in the way and easy pin to pull out if needed.
503300C2-92AD-4D98-8C35-CEC7AB4A2FE1.png

I went wheeling with the local club a few years ago and there was an axle failure on the side of the highway. The hot axle shaft came off the vehicle and into some dry grass along the edge of the road. People were right there had the extinguishers ready. They emptied three units in no time flat and would of liked to have had more. The club pushed everyone to find more locations on the rigs for spare extinguishers. I’ve been meaning to add another…

☝I mounted mine just like FJ40savvy did after having it on the roll bar for years. Great, accessible spot in case an emergency arises.

Another smaller and less messy option.

Thanks for posting this link. I was thinking of having an extinguisher and this makes life so easy and it really takes up no room. At this point, it makes the old fashioned big pressurized tanks to bulky.

Another smaller and less messy option.

Although it appears to be a great product, to the best of my knowledge it is not UL approved. That means that if you need a UL approved extinguisher you still need to have one. However, you can use this a a supplement or backup to the UL approved. That said I think I still have a Halon or two laying around. :)

Although it appears to be a great product, to the best of my knowledge it is not UL approved. That means that if you need a UL approved extinguisher you still need to have one. However, you can use this a a supplement or backup to the UL approved. That said I think I still have a Halon or two laying around. :)

The answer to your certification for this item is in FAQ on the site. Seems the world has approved it EXCEPT USA. Seems the reason is it does not fit what a traditional fire extinqiusher looks like. Either that or UL is paid off from the loss of market of millions of extinquishers from the big players. UL or not, they will be putting out the fires I encounter and the bulky bottles can go away.

fire ex.JPG

Nice and compact (45, same place in my 40).
IMG_3735.JPG

One drawback of the Element seems to be it is a one-shot deal: Once started it runs all the way till empty. Standard FEs can be run for a short time then again if needed. I'm not sure how I feel about all of that, just making an observation.

True, but the fact that fires are usually put out pretty quickly allows one to have many elements vs. big, bulky tanks. I now have them all around , in case. They are great for security. I recycled the tank idea.

The answer to your certification for this item is in FAQ on the site. Seems the world has approved it EXCEPT USA. Seems the reason is it does not fit what a traditional fire extinqiusher looks like. Either that or UL is paid off from the loss of market of millions of extinquishers from the big players. UL or not, they will be putting out the fires I encounter and the bulky bottles can go away.

View attachment 2988574
Not commenting if this is actually a good product or not but this passage of their faq is kind of bull****. Being certified CE doesn't mean it qualifies as a Fire Extinguisher in Europe, it only means the product respect the minimum safety and environmental norms to be sold in Europe.

Actually I found the product in Europe (different names, same shape, same 50s or 100s, same country of manufacture) and it's sold as a fire inhibitor, not as a fire extinguisher.
The safety notice indicates that it classifies as "Ox. Sol.3 H272"
1654077163779.png
"can aggravate a fire", comburant/oxydizer
The notice even mentions to use a fire extinguisher if it catches on fire xD

Obviously this classification is normal for an aerosol and does not change the usefulness of the product but yeah, not a fire extinguisher per se (particularly if you have a clause that mandates one somewhere).

All in all I still think it's an interesting product to be able to have it in more places where it could be needed and a regular fire extinguisher would be difficult to fit.

Last edited:
I use the Element as well. Love the compact
20220601_102246.jpg
20220601_102311.jpg
size.

Not commenting if this is actually a good product or not but this passage of their faq is kind of bulls***. Being certified CE doesn't mean it qualifies as a Fire Extinguisher in Europe, it only means the product respect the minimum safety and environmental norms to be sold in Europe.

Actually I found the product in Europe (different names, same shape, same 50s or 100s, same country of manufacture) and it's sold as a fire inhibitor, not as a fire extinguisher.
The safety notice indicates that it classifies as "Ox. Sol.3 H272"
View attachment 3022446 "can aggravate a fire", comburant/oxydizer
The notice even mentions to use a fire extinguisher if it catches on fire xD

Obviously this classification is normal for an aerosol and does not change the usefulness of the product but yeah, not a fire extinguisher per se (particularly if you have a clause that mandates one somewhere).

All in all I still think it's an interesting product to be able to have it in more places where it could be needed and a regular fire extinguisher would be difficult to fit.

All I know is it is small and seems to extinguish a car fire. Seems all countries play word salad buy all I want is a fire extinguisher that will work and not take up as much room as the old metal ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom