Finally decided to let it go. Feedback appreciated!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

I've been putting off selling my 80 series for a few months now. We are moving overseas this summer and according to my wife, I have to let go of my cruiser :bang: so I've finally taken some pictures and listed it on the classifieds forum here For Sale - 1996 Land Cruiser 80 Series Overland - Locked - 223k - Moving Sale

I have no idea what price I should be asking for since it's a rebuilt title and it still needs some minor work. So If you guys have any feedback or comments please let me know. Any help would be appreciated.

I will be listing on eBay next but I wanted to have the mud community take a look at it first and hopefully we can find it a good home.

Good looking rig.
Question: why was the radiator recently replaced?

Good looking rig.
Question: why was the radiator recently replaced?

Thanks man.

When the radiator support was off the truck I went ahead and got a new radiator and the body shop installed it. It didn't leak for the longest time but just recently my mechanic told me it was leaking. Today when I was taking the pictures I was trying to find the leak but I couldn't. Oil levels in engine, transmission and power steering are all good, so maybe it stopped leaking lol. But I mentioned it just to be as honest as possible.

Hate to say it, but you asked for input. With a rebuilt title i think you are asking too much, it a little rough around the edges but otherwise good list of accessories. I paid 4500 for a clean title with similar miles and condition, however without ANY of the modifications. So if the mods are woth 4k(50% value of new asking price?) then i would say $8500, but i could be wrong or way off. In a different area of the country they could be valued higher than in Arizona, so take my post as lightly as possible, i don’t really know what im talking about, just my opinion.

Hate to say it, but you asked for input. With a rebuilt title i think you are asking too much, it a little rough around the edges but otherwise good list of accessories. I paid 4500 for a clean title with similar miles and condition, however without ANY of the modifications. So if the mods are woth 4k(50% value of new asking price?) then i would say $8500, but i could be wrong or way off. In a different area of the country they could be valued higher than in Arizona, so take my post as lightly as possible, i don’t really know what im talking about, just my opinion.

Thanks for the feedback. I think you got a really good deal on yours.

I totally understand what you mean. The land cruiser market has always been all over the place. But with feedback like yours, I will be able to adjust the price and hopefully find the fair market value for it. It did cost me way more than 12k to get it to this point. But again, I willdo my best to be fair with the price.

I didn't go all out with the paint and pretty it up because it meant to be an off-roading truck and I thought that it was gonna get rough around the edges no matter what so I left it as is. My next step was to Ryno line all around the truck and a big part of the hood. I think that would make it look much better.

Personally, I don't think a rebuilt title is much of a negative on these rigs. If they're well cared for and modified, their value to people like us will be far higher than book value anyway.

I agree that your asking price is high, but then I'm cheap and, foolishly, don't value my own time at all. Making and fixing did last stuff is half the fun for me, so I'm not in your target market.

If I were you, I'd get the vehicle detailed and pay a local photographer to take some really good pictures of it. Then I'd sell it on eBay and mention how expedition ready it is. ;)

I actually did a lot of the work myself. Even when it’s at the mechanic or the body shop (both of them are my friends) I will be spending the whole day there trying to do most of the work myself.

I totally agree about the rebuilt title. In general if you find something with a rebuilt title hat was done right, you are literally just saving money for having the word rebuilt on a peace of paper. Everything else is exactly the same.

Look online, and whatever others are asking for theirs, add 50% to that and see what people offer. Just like with any other used vehicle.

Personally, I don't think a rebuilt title is much of a negative on these rigs. If they're well cared for and modified, their value to people like us will be far higher than book value anyway.

I agree that your asking price is high, but then I'm cheap and, foolishly, don't value my own time at all. Making and fixing did last stuff is half the fun for me, so I'm not in your target market.

If I were you, I'd get the vehicle detailed and pay a local photographer to take some really good pictures of it. Then I'd sell it on eBay and mention how expedition ready it is. ;)

Don’t forget to say that it’s a “great overland rig”! That adds $2-3k alone on eBay.

Don’t forget to say that it’s a “great overland rig”! That adds $2-3k alone on eBay.

But, no dorkel, limb risers, ham, etc? A quick trip over to amazon and a few bucks spent on some of those critical items, may pay big in the sales price?:hillbilly:

Apretiate your feedback. I think 6k is too low. If you find anything similar to this for 6k please let me know. I will buy it the same day.
A salvage title locked 96 with a bumper and a 4" lift? With fresh diff fluid?

But, no dorkel, limb risers, ham, etc? A quick trip over to amazon and a few bucks spent on some of those critical items, may pay big in the sales price?:hillbilly:
Dont forget a hi lift mounted somewhere dumb like on the door

It’s funny because I was watching one at the Auction not too long ago. It was completely stock, locked and red color. It had a salavage title and a huge hit in the left qurator panel and the rear door and it was being sold by the insurance company. I think it was 210k miles or something like that. It sold for $5600 without Auction fees. So yeah something like mine for 6k I will buy it all day long.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback.

It's worth whatever it sells for. In the real market it's a salvage 20+ year old SUV with over 200k on it, KBB won't even put a value on it, probably worth under $2k. What you can get for it depends on the guy you find that wants it. There's no way you're going to get a solid price out of this thread. The sales price depends on many things, such as who is looking, the locality, how long you're willing to sit on it, etc. You have a number in your head that you won't go below. Put a price on it that's higher than that and see what offers you get.

It seems like a decent truck. To me, I'd be hesitant simply because the damage and the hood/fender not lining up. Honestly, the salvage title doesn't matter to me but I'm also not one of those that thinks these are going to be $100k rigs in 10 years either.

The market will decide what it is worth.

Some states like Oregon you cannot get full coverage insurance and get much of a value if it get's wrecked :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom