94 FZJ 80 Feedback (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I found another truck that I'm interested in, and the outside and interior is virtually flawless. It it a 2 owner truck and has been driven most of it's life to the golf course and back buy this guys wife. 1994, 170K miles and all service records are from Toyota dealer. Everything checks out up top, but when the owner sent me a video of the undercarriage, I got a little sad. Apparently the truck was a Nevada native and for the past 26 year it's been living in northern California according to the car fax. In one sense it looks very honest, that nobody tried to cover up anything, which I do appreciate. But i'm courious to see what you all have to say from the forum.

Thank you all for your support!

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 9.05.31 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 9.06.38 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 8.48.37 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 8.51.09 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 8.46.23 PM.png

Agreed with all above, looks great to me...totally surface/superficial...give her a good power wash under there and decide what you want to do from there. If you won't be around salt, maybe consider Eastwood Chassis Black to freshen up, or as others have said, a fluid film or woolwax treatment if you are concerned about future corrosives on the road.

Nice score on finding this one...great condition & history, reasonable mileage, white exterior, and grey cloth inside...a brother to mine. ;)

So I found another truck that I'm interested in, and the outside and interior is virtually flawless. It it a 2 owner truck and has been driven most of it's life to the golf course and back buy this guys wife. 1994, 170K miles and all service records are from Toyota dealer. Everything checks out up top, but when the owner sent me a video of the undercarriage, I got a little sad. Apparently the truck was a Nevada native and for the past 26 year it's been living in northern California according to the car fax. In one sense it looks very honest, that nobody tried to cover up anything, which I do appreciate. But i'm courious to see what you all have to say from the forum.

Thank you all for your support!

View attachment 3494867View attachment 3494868 View attachment 3494852View attachment 3494855View attachment 3494849
OMG!

Don't buy it!

Let me know where it is so I can go see this carnage in person!

Just think about how Fred Flintstone drives!

Looks fine. I was expecting it to be worse.

How much are they asking?

From those photos the undercarriage looks fine, it all appears to be superficial.

Looks clean, the cloth interior is nice. Not sure what your budget is but plan to set aside some $$ for preventative maintenance, even a well kept truck will need a few things.

That's a lot for that truck !
Being in Calif. my hole life, I would not be to happy with the rust, just comes down to what your used to.

First, truck looks good and has low miles for the age. You previously stated you wanted a 1996/97 model which has OBD-II, just know the 1994 is pre-OBD-II.
The pictures aren't the greatest but like others said, the rust looks superficial. If you are close enough I would check the truck out in person, maybe even post here to see if someone knowledgeable is local and can give you a second set of eyes. Also, since it is a dealership I would ask if they could accommodate bringing the truck to the local Toyota dealership for a buyers inspection. I would go into it expecting some normal service requirements but if the report came back with oil leaks, knuckle rebuild, and/or worn suspension then I would try and use that as negotiation to flex the price somewhat ($25k isn't pocket change). Even if any of that is identified I would still say it isn't a deal breaker if you are somewhat mechanically inclined and can navigate the FSM. If you are not mechanically inclined just know many of the "normal" maintenance and servicing can get expensive once you factor labor costs.

Last edited:
Go check it out in person and report back. They are asking a lot for it but it's the end of the month so maybe you can make a deal :)

My guess is that they gave some older person who isn't up to speed on the current cruiser market $8k on a trade in and want to make a killing.

That a 12-15K truck max JMHO

I should have taking pictures ,but yesterday I meet a guy in my neighborhood with the same truck 94 but 270K miles nice clean no rust, white gray cloth, no dents all original unmolested.
He just scored it for 3K, so there still out there !!
I tried to buy it for 6k but he wanted to keep it :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom