Feeler – 100 series lightweight, high clearance, low cost Rock Rail/Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't think steps would truly work on this kind of approach to protection. With it attached directly to the body, any step strong enough to survive would create quite the lever on the pinch weld. The factory running boards work only because the running boards will crater before the body will.

I have no plans to wheel my truck where I require HD sliders. My rig is primarily a people hauler/camping rig.

I like this option due to the clean lines and protection, but require the use of steps.

Any plans to make a version of these with integrated steps?

Either way, these things look great!

Sorry, not designed for step provisions

Can you make them do this? If so, I'm down for a set :)

Mobetta is right!

Nice addition to the step/sliders/protection options for the 100 Phil.

So Hayes, if you happen to get a pair, would you mind showing them?

I think I live a short ways away from you based on one of your pics.

Yes.
And I need to get some other pics of my LX up :grinpimp:

We are thinking about changing the name to Stealth Rails because they are so difficult to capture in pictures.:poof:
Iv seen you pictures in the past and you could be the man to capture them properly on your install.:grinpimp:

Okay Phil.
Count me as the first 100 series guy who wants some NinjaRails.:poof:
I think given appropriate usage, the weight savings alone justifies them. The cost ain't too bad either. Let me know when you get enough interest. If the 80 guys are running them (and it looks like a few are), us more refined Cruiser drivers should be able to justify their place on our trucks.

LandCruiserPhil said: The black test vehicle pictured had his Metal Tech slider removed and went to Rails for most of the advantages listed above. ;)

Hey that's my test vehicle ^^^^.

They were actually OPOR from Metal Tech. Like Phil says they are not for the really hard core rock crawler but I would say this design works for more than 90% of people.

For me weight was an issue. I have a TJM front bumper with a winch and an ARB rear with swing out. The suspension is an OME 2.5" medium load lift. The OPOR are very, very heavy. I gained a little over 2" by going with Phil's design. I measured my ride height and the height of the OPORs before I took them off. The cruiser lifted a little over an inch and the Stealth Rails are tucked up about an inch higher. The ride is much better now as well.

The lack of a step is not an issue for me. It's not a DD and my wife and daughter are skinny and agile. I'm the lard butt of the family.

$370 shipped is a very reasonable price. For me the OPORs were close to $900. I had them powder coated ($150) and shipped to AZ (~$200).

The one thing I was worried about was the strength of the pinch point in the body where you mount them. After going through a few drill bits I realize that its plenty strong.

I also do not like permanent installs. But with these if you ever wanted to remove them the OEM step would cover the holes you put in the pinch point. And you could always put some plastic hole plugs in if your really anal.

Like Phil said they're not replacements for heavy duty sliders which work great for extreme rock crawling (which a huge amount of people don't do). If your into looking for boulder fields to climb then they're not for you. If your more of an expedition type guy then these are perfect. Some occasional technical spots where your sliding on some ledges and boulders. Not bouncing your rig on the rocks. I used to own a 40 and a JK for that kind of stuff.

Count me in for a set as well. These would be perfect for the way I use my truck.

-Chris

Count me in for a set as well. These would be perfect for the way I use my truck.

-Chris

Great I started an interest list in the 1st post
When I get 5 guys to commit I'll make a quick run.
MOAB is around the corner just say'n:D:idea:

Last edited:
There are really only two 100-series guys interested in these? Are y'all compelled to add 150 pounds to your rocker panels? What gives?

Two issues for me.

I would like a step for loading stuff on the roof. And I do not want to be drilling into the body.

There are really only two 100-series guys interested in these? Are y'all compelled to add 150 pounds to your rocker panels? What gives?

I think most want a step and extra protection. 100's are on the low side compared to 80's.

I think most want a step and extra protection. 100's are on the low side compared to 80's.
Not sure about anybody else, but I also like the protection of being able to pivot if necessary when off roading and more importantly, when that knucklehead with their 5' long doors on those Camaro's, Mustang's and Vette's park next to me, their door opens into my rock slider and not my door! :flipoff2:
That in itself is almost a daily event...

Not sure about anybody else, but I also like the protection of being able to pivot if necessary when off roading and more importantly, when that knucklehead with their 5' long doors on those Camaro's, Mustang's and Vette's park next to me, their door opens into my rock slider and not my door! :flipoff2:
That in itself is almost a daily event...

This is sad but true.

...I measured my ride height and the height of the OPORs before I took them off. The cruiser lifted a little over an inch and the Stealth Rails are tucked up about an inch higher. The ride is much better now as well.

Your saying by removing your sliders your suspension bumped up a full inch? How much did they weigh? Like 4-500 lbs?

I do dig the subtle simplicity of these and I see how they could serve the rocker protection needs of many. I'll keep these in mind if I get a customer in the market, they look like a clean fit.

You have caught my attention as I keep changing my mod design. Thinking...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom