Feeler – 100 series lightweight, high clearance, low cost Rock Rail/Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just Purchased my first LC. Running boards where the first thing to go. I would definately be interested in this alternative. How soon can i buy some?

IMG_20140330_095442.jpg

Hey Phil,
I don't think this was covered yet:
Have you fit them to an LX470? It just occurred to me that I might have a slightly different pinch weld with the lower body cladding. Not sure of this, though.
Thoughts?

Maybe not all 100 owners, but a good amount who wheel on here probably do.

I think you're experiencing the automotive phenomenon that people don't buy things for what they need, but for what they want to need.

Like the 100, for instance....

:D

Your saying by removing your sliders your suspension bumped up a full inch? How much did they weigh? Like 4-500 lbs?

Yeah, surprised me too. That was the reason for selling my OPOR and going with these. The 1" was in the front, I gained about a 1/2" at the rear.

My brother-in-law has OPOR on his 100. He didn't believe me either until we temporarily removed his. He gained about 3/4". BTW, he is waiting for Phil's run to ditch his OPORs.

Not even close to 400-500 lbs. I would say a little less than 200 lbs. That's what made it so surprising.

Good point but the reality is 99.9% of 100 owners dont pivot off rocks:grinpimp:

Out here in the east we pivot off trees!

I hate how heavy my opor sliders are. But this is also our family vehicle and the kids and the wife need steps. And as said above I've used them a few times already to pivot off a tree. Wish the bump out was just a tad bigger for that though!

Really neat product though. Light weight and low cost protection is really appealing if you don't need the step.

Yeah, surprised me too. That was the reason for selling my OPOR and going with these. The 1" was in the front, I gained about a 1/2" at the rear.

My brother-in-law has OPOR on his 100. He didn't believe me either until we temporarily removed his. He gained about 3/4". BTW, he is waiting for Phil's run to ditch his OPORs.

Not even close to 400-500 lbs. I would say a little less than 200 lbs. That's what made it so surprising.

Hmmmm, the numbers don't work but I'll take your word for it :D

OME coils run within 10% of their stated spring rate. ~50lbs/corner shouldn't move then more than 1/4" @ 200lbs?

OME coils run within 10% of their stated spring rate. ~50lbs/corner shouldn't move then more than 1/4" @ 200lbs?
Could have been closer to 1/2". Not positive about the rear. The front was really 1" (+/- 1/16"). The same thing did not happen when you put a ~200lbs person in the front seat. So I was really confused how the OPORs could do that. I'm not a mechanical engineer just a dumb electrical engineer. :(

My ride has improved considerably since the swap. I'm not bashing the OPORs they are great sliders. I would recommend them to anyone who would need them. Just too heavy for how I use my cruiser.

Do the OPOR sliders really weight 100lbs per side? I have the WKOR with the kickout and diamond top plate and they weigh 60lbs per side. I notice that there's a lot more vibration in the floor when they're not on. I think they act as a giant version of that strange frame resonator.

1/3 of the cost, meaning ~$330? Cool idea. I think I would rather spend $200 more for OPOR sliders, but maybe some might find good use for it.

However, I would be interested in lightweight front/rear bumpers, though. Stuff I do manages to ding up the bumpers, but doesn't fully warrant a 200lb thick steel bumpers, either. I just need clearance.

I like the idea of a lighter weight rear bumper also but one providing more protection that the stock Tupperware.

...via IH8MUD app

I like these a lot. I decided not to go with Slee's steps because of the $1500 SHIPPING price. You got a ballpark shipping price to zip code 96753? I might be interested...

...via IH8MUD app

I like these a lot. I decided not to go with Slee's steps because of the $1500 SHIPPING price. You got a ballpark shipping price to zip code 96753? I might be interested...

...via IH8MUD app

Price point is $370 shipped to your door in 48 states

I'm liking the idea of these and I feel to some extent, the hundy group is slowly coming around to understanding that sometimes less is more especially as it applies to weight. Now if only there was a middle of the line solution between the heavy weight sliders to these, mixed in with a step.

While most springs for the hundy are not progressive, they are likely not completely linear either, hence the greater droop than expected.

Unrelated topic, but AHC is awesome when loaded up for it's constant height capability (within its constant height capacity).

I'm liking the idea of these and I feel to some extent, the hundy group is slowly coming around to understanding that sometimes less is more especially as it applies to weight. Now if only there was a middle of the line solution between the heavy weight sliders to these, mixed in with a step.

While most springs for the hundy are not progressive, they are likely not completely linear either, hence the greater droop than expected.

Unrelated topic, but AHC is awesome when loaded up for it's constant height capability (within its constant height capacity).

Until you exceed its weight range

I'm in Maui. I had em quote me shipping for sliders and full skid plates. It was a HUGE price. I asked about shipping just sliders. They said size was more expensive than weight and it would still be a lot. It only costs $1100 to ship my cruiser across... Might have to ship her back just to outfit her properly =)

...via IH8MUD app

We have a couple local guys that are in so we will have a few sets available the middle of next week. We will ask for the first purchaser to post up there experience and evaluation on product quality, installation, and performance. The reviews will determine if we make another run. PM me if you want to be one of the first and part of the review team.
I'm in Maui. I had em quote me shipping for sliders and full skid plates. It was a HUGE price. I asked about shipping just sliders. They said size was more expensive than weight and it would still be a lot. It only costs $1100 to ship my cruiser across... Might have to ship her back just to outfit her properly =)

...via IH8MUD app

We can ship our rails to Maui for $410 total
thumb.gif

Putting them on some A'a lava would be a great test for the rails:idea:

That sounds like an agreeable price for some protection. Now I just need to convince myself that drilling holes in my baby is a good idea.

...via IH8MUD app

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom