Favorite air chuck? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those that regularly air down and air up what is your air chuck of choice and why? Looking for ease of use and reliability. If you use a multi-tire setup I’d be happy to hear about that but I’m mostly interested in the actual chuck that attaches to the tire.

I've been a fan of Milton products for a long time.

When I first started using compressors and air tools, I just picked up some HF or box store fittings and chucks and such. Over time, they quickly started leaking. Experience with other shops who did similar was the same. I started using Milton on advice from an older friend and never looked back.

I use this style with the air hose I carry in my 4wd's ->

Amazon product ASIN B00HFLAPOS
It's a Milton S-697-2.

Grips the valve stem thread part quite well and isn't a fiddly pain in the rear to clip on/off.

cheers,
george.

I keep in simple. has not failed me yet in 15 years.

76CD6056-A81D-448A-BAED-9FA88D6AB60E.jpeg

I'd definitely also love to hear about anyone's multi-tire air setup. Or do most people find it just as easy to do one tire at a time? I've seen some things online where you can connect all tires at once and air down or up. Something like this MORRFlate 4 Tire Inflation Deflation™ Kits Archives • MORRFlate by My Off Road Radio - https://morrflate.com/product-category/morrflate-multi-tire-air-kits/
But seems like a lot to pay when I'm not airing up and down like I lived near the beach or in the mountains near trails.

Personally I don’t see the point in airing all the tires at once? Your air supply can only deliver so much air in any given interval. The only advantage would be to get each tire at the exactly same pressure and that’s pointless on our rigs.

I ended up getting a couple of different Milton chucks. The European quick connect and a long stem chuck.

I use the ARB hose and chuck. The chuck clips on like the Milton and the hose doesn't kink or have a natural spiral so you're not always untangling it.

I’ve got both…the Milton & the ARB, both shaped like the one in post 11. I love Milton produc and it works fine…BUT thar ARB one is much better, at least on my valve stems.

Push it on and it instantly gets a good grip with no loss of air while airing up. But like I say, both are good with the ARB one being better.

This thread inspired me to do something about my low quality harbor freight chuck. I was going to order a Milton but Jaco is having a sale through Jan 3, so I bought one of these (with their fancy sounding lightning chucks):

We'll see how it does when it gets here.

This thread inspired me to do something about my low quality harbor freight chuck. I was going to order a Milton but Jaco is having a sale through Jan 3, so I bought one of these (with their fancy sounding lightning chucks):

This is the style I use, got off amazon. Works great airing up since you can let off and get a reading immediately and then use the button on the side to release a bit of air for fine tuning. Its was plus or minus 1 PSI when checking with other gauges. I had a similar ARB version like this many years ago that gave very bad readings and broke, looked for an analog replacement ARB and think they were discontinued for a digital version. I still like the simplicity of analog gauge that doesn't rely on batteries to work.

X2 on post #5, 20 + years no issues, could use a new rubber as it will not seal first push sometimes, easy to put a new rubber in, simple.

WAY late to the party (is there any beer left?). I see ThreeEyedBandit beat me to it, but I stumbled onto these and have been using them for several years:
Air Hose QD Tire Chuck

If you've ever driven a Detroit with mismatched tire pressures any distance on pavement you'll appreciate being able to equalize at least the rear axle's tire pressures.

Last edited:

I give the jaco 5 stars. I had no idea how much of an improvement a quality inflator would make.

I also give the JACO 5 stars. It is absolutely…and by far, the best air chuck I have ever used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom