Fall Crawl 2022 - Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mean to give the impression that the Fall Crawl is a drunk fest. We can have fun and drink responsibly without being embarrassing.
never thought it was the only time I ever saw someone that drunk at FC. Plenty of others were loose and having fun and a good time but this was ... well more than loose.I have heard the joke that its a Drinking Club with a Toyota problem but not really

There are always multiple fire pits where all are welcome. I tend to wander between them all as we can’t all fit around the main one.
But you can most certainly feel the heat from the main pit wherever you go! That leads back to something about running out of wood on the first night... 🔥

i am aiming to roll in about lunch time ish on Thursaday

I may bring fire wood up Wednesday afternoon. I’m hoping to have a small dump trailer full.

Early Friday morning arrival for me again. I will load up some firewood in the back too. :)

I’m excited about a real bonfire and some cold weather to sleep in. ATR was fun and all that but the warmer weather just isn’t right for an event like this.
I agree there is nothing like sitting by a nice fire on a chilly evening enjoying a drink and smoke... then crawling into a nice warm sack and listening to the night sounds as you PTFO!

bored this afternoon so i was thinking.... chili with cornbread for Thursday or Friday night dinner?

just a reminder... its BYOB.... Bring Your Own Bowl! ... and spoon too!

well I had to make sure i remembered how to make the whiskey glaze so I made a small batch for dinner tonight... just as good as always!
00000000000000000.jpg

000000000000000000000000.jpeg

So as I have said earlier... Chili for one of the nights... but what is chili w/o corn bread...
So the test kitchen is set up... and the ingredients are mixed....

test kitchen.jpg

Well halfway though the cook cycle i can smell some burning and I have the temp pretty high.

Batch one is pretty burnt on the bottom but the top is fluffy. sadly the burn taste goes right through.

test kitchen 5.jpg

test kitchen 6.jpg

Batch 2 using lower heat and less butter....

Still burned on the bottom but not as thick or heavy. I'll use a bit less heat on Batch three i think I am getting close though!

test kitchen 7.jpg
test kitchen 8.jpg

That's all for tonight but tomorrow is another day for testing. It is supper light and fluffy so it will be great to crumble and mix into the chili!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom