Factory FJ40 Soft Tops, Bikini Tops, and Dusters. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Snap Button works well there.
One is a bolt on and the other side is crimp on / through.

So crimp a snap on the fabric under the corner of the top and then install the bolt side of the snap in that hole on the corner of the windshield?

Kind of stinks to buy a snap crimped for two snaps, is there another option?

Last edited:
So crimp a snap on the fabric under the corner of the top and then install the bolt side of the snap in that hole on the corner of the windshield?

Exactly!

Kind of stinks to buy a snap crimped for two snaps, is there another option?
You can just not put anything in the corners. Julie

I looked through almost the full thread.
Has anyone been able to get one for a fj43? Ambulance doors? Or people just buying half doors and taking off the ambulance doors?

I looked through almost the full thread.
Has anyone been able to get one for a fj43? Ambulance doors? Or people just buying half doors and taking off the ambulance doors?

You can just remove the ambulance doors and bolt a fixed tailgate from real steel cruiser parts. Or you can order it from Julie. You will need to tell her which side the License plate is on.

You can just remove the ambulance doors and bolt a fixed tailgate from real steel cruiser parts. Or you can order it from Julie. You will need to tell her which side the License plate is on.
or do this.....;)
IMG_E8788.JPG

Does anyone know if Julie's tops have securing straps on the cross bars like shown on this fjcompany top? I would also like to know if the OEM tops had any straps or if the top just laid on the cross bars and was not secured to them.

Does anyone know if Julie's tops have securing straps on the cross bars like shown on this fjcompany top? I would also like to know if the OEM tops had any straps or if the top just laid on the cross bars and was not secured to them.
Hi I don’t put straps on cross bars but if you’d like that added to your top I can do that. Julie

Julie (or anyone) - Could you post some more pictures of Dune Beige 40's that have your top? Trollhole / Dirt Road / J&A Sewing / Anchor Stitch? Also, are there any customers in the Bay Area where I could physically see a top in person?

For the benefit of folks like myself looking for information online - here are the current websites (I believe):

Dirt Road Tops:

Anchor Stitch:

#softtop

Thanks

-Tehmbrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom