F120 Cap & Rotor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My FJ25 parts manual doesn't go back far enough. Anybody have the part number for the F120 cap and rotor? I haven't compared them to the F135 units yet so forgive me if they're the same. If not, I'm not holding up too much hope that they're still available. Are there aftermarket alternatives? Stovebolt Chevy perhaps?

Almost forgot - will needs points, too.

Currently don't have excess to my FJ25 parts book but probably the same one you have from 63. Same with my micro-fiche. While not here I do have a book that converts the old parts numbers to the ten digit system that Toyota still uses today. Think the old books with the F120 may only be in the old numbers. Two of my FJ25s had the tall tool box and front cradle engine mount. One was missing the head and the other engine replaced with a early 2F. Both may have been F120 engines.

I looked up photos of the old stovebolt stuff on rockauto.com and it appears to be the exact same stuff that's on this distributor. I'm thinking that somebody else put a Chevy cap and rotor on here. They fit perfectly and the distributor is a Denso unit. I ordered a set of Chevy parts and will see.

I have parts books back to 58(or maybe 57), I'll try to look and compare to early fj40 parts book, even if they use the old part # if they are the same # thats all that matters.

Thanks! I have books with the cross reference to the new part numbers if you have the old part number.

That said, I received the stovebolt parts this week and they look identical to the stuff that's already on this distributor and fits perfectly.

i show a 1959 fj25 using a different dizzy than a 1961 fj40, the exploded diagrams look very different between the 2

cap for a 25 is 54303, rotor is 54309, complete dizzy is 29110
cap for a 40 is 29110, rotor is 29120, complete dizzy is 29120

not following you.

that is the cap for a fj25, pretty sure its the F120, but the parts books does not show HP, once it goes into the fj40, it shows 135hp....so I am assuming if it doesn't say......its the 120

Is that:

FJ25 54303? Maybe BJ25 54303?

yes and no

the complete dizzy starts with F both for the 25(59&60) and 40(1961)
the cap and rotor for fj25 and fj40 start with TOL (same years as above)

far right of page is the model, fj25 or fj40 depending on a 25 or 40 book

Id post a pic but I cant

The early part numbers should start with the model of origin Like FJ25, BJ25, FA**, FJ40, etc...

Hope this will help -

IMG_1414.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom