Exhaust help!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for suggestions for exhaust shops in the Columbia SC area that could do a 1hd-t exhaust. I’ve stopped by a few and the shop guys want to tell me how difficult it is...not making sense to me. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

If it were me, I'd get on line and look for muffler shops that do custom hot rod or 4X4 exhaust systems where you live, The key word there is custom work, not just run of the mill muffler installs. Then I'd drive by their shop, and ask them if they could put an example of their work up on a lift so you could check it out. If their willing to show you their work, and the guilty looks good, then I'd ask them if they would be willing to give you a quote to do the exhaust on your cruiser. Most of the diesels I've seen like to run large 3 inch exhaust, that large of tubing is hard to tuck up underneath the frame so it dosen't get damaged off road. But if their a good shop they'll be able to do it, but it won't be cheap.

Last edited:
That’s the problem trying to find a bolt on kit state side, is tough! I found one in Great Britain shipping quote was almost 400.00..

There are lots of 1HD-Ts running around with an OEM exhaust and they are doing very well with it.

There are lots of 1HD-Ts running around with an OEM exhaust and they are doing very well with it.
Sure. If you want to miss out on a perfect opportunity to lower EGT's and improve the performance of your truck with zero downside, then by all means waste your money on an OEM exhaust. Even better, you'll get to enjoy sourcing those coveted aluminized steel OEM exhaust parts for a truck never sold on this continent.

Well I got her done, checked out a shop which I thought would be outrageous! They do a lot of fab work and exhaust work on some pretty nice ride! I got a 3 inch exhaust from the turbo back 570.00 out the door!

C9DD3C3B-7402-40BC-A083-90AB8BB9026D.jpeg

E981BA5E-6EBB-44E7-8D8E-D3DCB619C58B.jpeg

65833010-3454-4A91-A856-233AB71B1ED6.jpeg

BBCCA36C-E23B-4C63-B8A5-2CB9CFB0053C.jpeg

3214B67C-510F-4FF7-AE9D-F156BA236F91.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom