Builds Evolution of a Land Cruiser: My 80's build thread (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Question for you - how are you hooking up the T100 MC? On the FZJ80 w/ ABS, rear port goes to front brakes, front port goes to rear brakes.
Great information on your brake setup and thread in general. Very nice build.

I’ve purchased the T-100 MC and the Seiken booster from great deal you posted. Thanks

Are you going to use a metric Wilwood proportioning valve? If so, can you explain
and show your setup? Specifically what adaptors did you use? Where did you source the bubble fitting adapters?

Great information on your brake setup and thread in general. Very nice build.

I’ve purchased the T-100 MC and the Seiken booster from great deal you posted. Thanks

Are you going to use a metric Wilwood proportioning valve? If so, can you explain
and show your setup? Specifically what adaptors did you use? Where did you source the bubble fitting adapters?

Thanks! And yes, I've actually always had the Wilwood prop valve since I deleted ABS and the LSPV years ago. For the first setup I simply cut and reflared the lines in a bubble flare. But since I'm redoing everything now again I used these bubble-to-inverted flare adapters:

Just finished this piece yesterday:

TzsYPROh.jpg

Miss print

Last edited:
Your lines and routing look clean. Nice setup. The picture will help my install a lot.

I’m planning my routing and setup. Can you please post a couple pictures of the master cylinder and lines? Thank you

Here's a few pictures. Been slowly building new lines. Have destroyed a lot of line trying to get it right.

OXIjWM8h.jpg

tnW3Puoh.jpg

JlabUQ2h.jpg

For the first setup I simply cut and reflared the lines in a bubble flare. But since I'm redoing everything now again I used these bubble-to-inverted flare adapters:
Your install and lines look clean. Nice setup.

Currently deleting ABS/LSPV and I’m planning routing and install. Can you please post a couple pictures of the master cylinder and lines?

edit— just saw you additional pictures. Thank you

Your install and lines look clean. Nice setup.

Currently deleting ABS/LSPV and I’m planning routing and install. Can you please post a couple pictures of the master cylinder and lines?

edit— just saw you additional pictures. Thank you

Just be sure you use the correct front/rear port setup depending on what MC you're using, ABS vs non-ABS.

Just be sure you use the correct front/rear port setup depending on what MC you're using, ABS vs non-ABS.
Thanks. I bought the ADVICS BMT-139 w/out ABS and plan to connect it as labeled. I saved your pictures of the T-100 schematics to plan from.

Really appreciate your write up, quality build, and help. Hope to see you on the trail sometime. You’ve got a cold beer with your name on it. Will be at Rubithon this year for my first time on the trail.

Last edited:
Thanks. I bought the ADVICS BMT-139 w/out ABS and plan to connect it as labeled. I saved your pictures of the T-100 schematics to plan from.

Really appreciate your write up, quality build, and help. Hope to see you on the trail sometime. You’ve got a cold beer with your name on it. Will be at Rubithon this year for my first time on the trail.

Good stuff! I won't be at Rubithon but hope to get at least a few trail runs this year. Spare time is especially hard to find these days with a new baby :cheers:

Good stuff! I won't be at Rubithon but hope to get at least a few trail runs this year. Spare time is especially hard to find these days with a new baby :cheers:
Congratulations !! :cheers:

Congrats!

Thanks! And yes, I've actually always had the Wilwood prop valve since I deleted ABS and the LSPV years ago. For the first setup I simply cut and reflared the lines in a bubble flare. But since I'm redoing everything now again I used these bubble-to-inverted flare adapters:

Just finished this piece yesterday:

TzsYPROh.jpg

I’m confused by your routing, how does the proportioning valve work with the system and how is it connected. Nice bends BTW!

I’m confused by your routing, how does the proportioning valve work with the system and how is it connected. Nice bends BTW!
I'll chime in since his looks like mine. It's plumbed into the line to the rear and you adjust braking power to your liking. For me its basically been "set it and forget" it for 10+ years.

I'll chime in since his looks like mine. It's plumbed into the line to the rear and you adjust braking power to your liking. For me its basically been "set it and forget" it for 10+ years.

It looks like it runs to the tee in the front, but I realize it runs down now and the tee feeds nearby. Thanks for that

Congratulations !! :cheers:

Congrats!

Thanks guys!

Yeah it looks strange because there's 2 lines running side by side. I'm rerouting the rear and front driver side lines. In stock form these two go under the battery box then loop back along the frame. Now I'm dropping them down below the booster, following the routing for the fuel lines.

REAR COILOVER OVERHAUL

Another small project I'm working on while the truck is down - getting the rear coilovers rebuilt & re-valved, converted to remote resis and added the compression adjusters. These coilovers were originally on the front when I did the 3 link several years back. When I redid the rear suspension, I moved these to the rear and had a set of 300/350 test springs. I was never really happy with the performance and the rear of the truck felt very mushy when loaded down with weight. So after giving Radflo details of my setup and my intended use, they add a bit more on the compression side. Along with that, I finally installed the 275/400 springs I had sitting on the shelf for years. I took so long to install these damn things that PAC Racing shut down their manufacturing of springs and suspension parts so if these don't work, I'll need to find another brand which means I lose my orange springs 💅💅

qJXWcDeh.jpg

Last edited:
275/400? What the heck, I think I run 250/250

Yours are pretty much vertical right? Mine are angled back about 25° which affects the effective spring rate.

Man. That’s some serious work. How did you keep the axle housing straight when putting all of that bead down on those brackets and gussets, Jose?

Man. That’s some serious work. How did you keep the axle housing straight when putting all of that bead down on those brackets and gussets, Jose?

At this point I'm not sure what part of my original housings are still straight! But I did try to take it as slow as possible, welding only a few inches at a time and alternating sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom