Escape Gear for 97 LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wanted to give those who are curious an update. Escape gear continues to stay in contact with me giving updates once or twice a week. No ETA as far as shipping goes at this time.
I decided to add the second row seat covers to my order. It did not add to theshipping cost and I thought I would regret notgetting them.
fir those who are interested I ordered directly from escape gear and was surprised by the pricing after everything I’ve read bout them being spendy. Two rows of seats and the dash cover shipped was a little under 500 US dollars. Seems like a pretty good deal to me. When I originally started looking at these I was unaware of a US vendor. I’m not sure how he prices them either.

Just an update. My covers shipped today from Cape Town. Fed-ex estimates delivery Wednesday the 27th. I placed my order on may 4th so just a little over three weeks if they make when fed-ex says. I’ll post pictures when I get them.

Nice! Did you order direct from escape gear or from a us vendor? Did the transaction go smoothly?
Ordered direct. About 3 years ago. Called at 3am central time and gave credit card info over the phone. I have since ordered 3 other times. I have seat covers, tire covers, duffel bag, dash pad (had to make a template for left hand drive out of kraft paper and sent in to be made. Perfect. They said the would keep pattern for future US 80’s. Mine is a 1997) . Have shifter saddle bags too. Fine fit perfect. Fantastic people and exchange rate.

3997575C-AF29-464C-B2FF-FCEF89D1DCD0.jpeg

1F8F6460-EB33-4C97-95EC-93759EA14024.jpeg

D540EDAD-CAC7-407C-A0C3-149E04E83687.jpeg

Ordered direct. About 3 years ago. Called at 3am central time and gave credit card info over the phone. I have since ordered 3 other times. I have seat covers, tire covers, duffel bag, dash pad (had to make a template for left hand drive out of kraft paper and sent in to be made. Perfect. They said the would keep pattern for future US 80’s. Mine is a 1997) . Have shifter saddle bags too. Fine fit perfect. Fantastic people and exchange rate.

View attachment 2317424

View attachment 2317425

View attachment 2317426
I meant to add, they have a new website to order from so I doubt you have to call in the middle of the night. They are on FB too.

I received my order on June 3rd. I will start by saying that escape gear and Craig are top notch and I will not hesitate to order from them again.
the covers come packaged in a cool duffel bag and each is marked for location with a tag. This tag also has a lot of other information such as lot number as well as the roll of fabric that was used. The quality and fit of these covers is excellent. The only issue that I have is that my lumbar knob access hole was placed in the wrong cover
CB1DEA33-D38B-46E1-907B-7895D5C28138.jpeg
iI emailed craig to let him know about the issue and after sending some pictures to make sure they understood what I needed, Craig offered to send me another set of front covers at the expense of escape gear. These guys have the customer service thing figured out. I will run with the ones I have until the new ones arrive.
275BA31A-B9C6-4F44-AC8F-D89CB63CC7E9.jpeg
5F1F9B74-45C3-48D9-AA4C-1B17893CEE06.jpeg
This thread was more about documenting my experience with escape gear than it is a product review. But I’m satisfied with both so far. The journey is not quite over however I’m not looking at ratty leather anymore.

7E473416-EF08-4E81-84F8-F23E76A1968F.jpeg

I personally think it looks cheap, ill-fitted, baggy, loose, etc. good for a short stop gap, but also think it would shift all around under the butt.

I have just reupholstered my seats. It’s more expensive, but looks factory. I spent $1,500 for front seats & center console cover.

it can easily be done for closer to $1,000., but I went full-leather, including sides which are usually done with a mixture of leather & synthetic leather.

YMMV. I used a local leather upholstery “mom & pop” shop.

826546ED-046B-4F98-A818-D96446CD1926.jpeg

To each his own. I carry 4 kids (sometimes more) fishing, camping, wheeling and so forth in my cruiser. When they get older I may reupholster. I did it on my previous 95. This is what works for me and my cruiser at this point in my life.

I ordered mine a few months back off of their website. Sent pics and exchange a few emails. Great quality and customer service. When I was first quoted they said the center console cover was included. It isn't. After a few emails with Craig he made it up for it. I have the front, back and transmission cover. Very happy with them over all.

Lmao

I’m definitely not in love with it, but I do love my MINT uncracked dashboard.

Rifle bag > SOR velvet looking dash mat I also have.
Been looking for something to replace the ill fitting SOR dash cover. This Escape Gear dash cover looks great to me. Do you still like it? Pics answered one question on the front defrost vents. SOR cover has openings but looks like this one just sits in front of those vents and not flush with the window. GX or VX on there order form. They do ask left or right hand drive so ok there for a US spec 80 series.

Been looking for something to replace the ill fitting SOR dash cover. This Escape Gear dash cover looks great to me. Do you still like it? Pics answered one question on the front defrost vents. SOR cover has openings but looks like this one just sits in front of those vents and not flush with the window. GX or VX on there order form. They do ask left or right hand drive so ok there for a US spec 80 series.
Yes, I still like it. Better than the SOR one which I too also have.

I think you just specify LHD or RHD and which dash style you have.

I went with the grey Escape Gear dash cover even though my interior is brown. Personally, I think the grey color "feels" better than the tan from Escape Gear which feels to light and yellow-ish to me. I've had my dash cover for a few years now and it's been nice. I love the storage. I keep some maps and other trail books in mine.
IMG_5016 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

I ordered online a few months ago – the dash cover and front seat covers for a RHD 1997. I’m overall pleased – as others have mentioned, went back and forth with them in terms of interior photos – and if I recall correctly, I asked a question, and before getting a response, it showed up. Was a little perplexed, since I believe I was in a middle of sorting out the particulars of the dash.

At any rate, I’m quite happy with the seat covers, but the headrest covers seemed a little snug – it took some squeezing in. The dash covers – seemed a little off – no cutouts for the passenger side vent, wasn’t sure if it was supposed to be ‘notched’ for the passenger side airbags – and just was a little off. No, I didn’t bring it up with them, and in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t bother me enough to make a fuss over it. If I was to do it again, I would have waited a bit and made sure I had good photos to send to make sure everyone was on the same page.

Just ordered the Grey. Chose VX and then in comments added that this was a US spec 80 series. LH or RH is indeed a choice while ordering. We'll see what shows up in 3-4 weeks.

Got an email from Craig at Escape Gear today. What I ordered is out of stock and it'd be a week or so delay before it could ship. No problems at all with that. He also asked for a DS and PS pic of my dash to make sure they did the correct dash pad! Like that even more!!

Do they have an option for non electric seats?

I went with the grey Escape Gear dash cover even though my interior is brown. Personally, I think the grey color "feels" better than the tan from Escape Gear which feels to light and yellow-ish to me. I've had my dash cover for a few years now and it's been nice. I love the storage. I keep some maps and other trail books in mine.
IMG_5016 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr
@Box Rocket do you have any other pictures of the dash cover?

I have a nightshadow pearl with grey interior and developed a dash crack in the winter of 2018 that has started to expand with age.

I should have a grey one in a month maybe??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom