Engine swap question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, I'm am getting things together for an lq9/4l65e swap into my 93. I have found an engine and tranny being pulled out of an Escalade. However, I am not sure on what to do with transfer cases yet. It looks like it will be $1500 for an adapter from marks and then I have to figure out vss. Or, I'm looking at an np208 passenger side drop out of a 91 suburban for $350 and then I need driveshafts. From the research I've done it seems like custom shafts go anywhere from 200-400 each. I will calling some shops in the next few days however. I'm trying to keep this project as cheap as possible without cutting any big corners. If anyone has any real insight it would be much appreciated.

Buy the adapter directly from Marks, the Australian dollar is $0.78 so you get a nice discount. Apparently shipping isnt too bad.

ORRRRR buy a black box from NWF and get the advantage of a doubler and no needing to use a marks adapter :p

Buy the adapter directly from Marks, the Australian dollar is $0.78 so you get a nice discount. Apparently shipping isnt too bad.
That's true, I forgot about the conversion.

It's up to you how you want to attack it. The common way is just buy the adapter and spend time fabbing other things, there will be lots. The idea of just getting the engine, trans, and transfer for the donor and doing custom shafts sounds easy, but the Toyota front shaft is on PS and I know my Yukon has the front shaft on DS so I'm sure the Caddy is the same.

Plus I ordered my adapter straight from Marks for around 1000 shipped, maybe a little less. Lots of info in the video swap sticky, sit down and dedicate a weekend to reading it, or at work if you're lucky!

BTW there is no cheap swap and you have a ton of things to do good luck

Exactly right, cheap out on the swap and you will be chasing it for years. Spend the money up front and build yourself something dependable.

Yes, I think I'm learning towards the adapter now. Looks like the currency conversion will be more in my favor next month. :smokin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom