Emergency engine cut out in the woods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Look who is home! Broken wire coming out of the distributor. Then when I pulled the plug out 2 more broke. So I cut some butt splices down and shoved them on there. The new part will be here sometime in the next 5 weeks...

20200618_140333.jpg

20200618_133630.jpg

Glad you found it! Those are not common to go bust but it locate in such a way that easily touch or bumped. But really, common is when the truck don’t start the first thing I check is the Fusible Link. They are usually corpses inside the plastic cap protector and usually people don’t look inside.

Great thread. Thanks for pointing me here, BILT.

I'm having the CMP (P0340) and CPS (P0335) codes thrown (and no start condition, but cranks fine) because of electrical connections in and around this SAME connector on top of the distributor. Using the code scanner and a Chilton manual (pictures!), I figured out the problem area quick.

I'll definitely get some contact cleaner, dielectric grease, extra close inspection and some split loom tubing installed on this area now.

Glad you figured it out, Online Olympian! What an ordeal.

I wrapped the whole thing with electrical tape and it made it home.

Connector housing: 90980-11150
Terminals with pigtail: 82998-12440
Available from Toyota

Last edited:
Glad to see you got her home and without a tow!!

This will be a big plus in your registry of "Bush mechanic skills" ( insert Shaun whale accent here), and a useful learning opportunity for the rest of us.

Thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom