Look who is home! Broken wire coming out of the distributor. Then when I pulled the plug out 2 more broke. So I cut some butt splices down and shoved them on there. The new part will be here sometime in the next 5 weeks...
Glad you found it! Those are not common to go bust but it locate in such a way that easily touch or bumped. But really, common is when the truck don’t start the first thing I check is the Fusible Link. They are usually corpses inside the plastic cap protector and usually people don’t look inside.
I'm having the CMP (P0340) and CPS (P0335) codes thrown (and no start condition, but cranks fine) because of electrical connections in and around this SAME connector on top of the distributor. Using the code scanner and a Chilton manual (pictures!), I figured out the problem area quick.
I'll definitely get some contact cleaner, dielectric grease, extra close inspection and some split loom tubing installed on this area now.
Glad you figured it out, Online Olympian! What an ordeal.
The following posts are to document the 1FZ-FE US market 80 series 1995-1997 OBD2 main engine wiring harness connectors. While this is not exhaustive in the sense that it covers every single connector, it does cover about 95% of them. The remaining 5% or so are not sourceable outside of the...
Connector housing: 90980-11150
Terminals with pigtail: 82998-12440
Available from Toyota