Element LED off road lights - any experience? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been following the Instagram for Element, and I happen to see their lights on other trucks around the internet. Does anybody have any experience with them? They have a really good price point and comes with a lifetime warranty. Seems like a no-brainer... any thoughts or experience?

I'm considering the 9" Overlander lights and a pair of the flush mount floodlights to mount into my ARB bumper

I took a chance on them and ordered the the amber cannon spots to replace the tired aux lights I have on the truck now. ill fill in more when I get them installed

so the lights showed up yesterday, 5 days from order to the door is pretty good. opened them up this afternoon and first impression is that they look pretty good. aluminum housing looks fairly robust, mounting hardware looks solid enough, wiring and connectors are clean and look like they'll seal well. included in the box is the light, pigtail connector to hook up to either your own harness or you can buy theirs, hardware and allen wrench for tightening down the mounting hardware. also included was a business card, sticker, a few pieces of candy and a short hand written note on the receipt. I expect to need to go with different mounting bolts as I have fairly thick mounting tabs on the bumper and I don't think that the supplied bolts will be long enough. ill try to get them installed either tomorrow and will get back with more pics installed as well as the light output.

20190224_143647.jpg

20190224_143649.jpg

20190224_143703.jpg

so the lights showed up yesterday, 5 days from order to the door is pretty good. opened them up this afternoon and first impression is that they look pretty good. aluminum housing looks fairly robust, mounting hardware looks solid enough, wiring and connectors are clean and look like they'll seal well. included in the box is the light, pigtail connector to hook up to either your own harness or you can buy theirs, hardware and allen wrench for tightening down the mounting hardware. also included was a business card, sticker, a few pieces of candy and a short hand written note on the receipt. I expect to need to go with different mounting bolts as I have fairly thick mounting tabs on the bumper and I don't think that the supplied bolts will be long enough. ill try to get them installed either tomorrow and will get back with more pics installed as well as the light output.

View attachment 1912832

View attachment 1912833

View attachment 1912834
Cool! Very interested in light output and durability of it.

these will be better than the ones that are on the truck now, the old ones are more of a flood pattern. these are listed as a 40 degree spread. I looked at the pods as well and these don't have that much less listed out put so well see. and im planning on changing the signal to them on the slee harness to just be able to run the with just the markers instead of with the headlights on

I was able to install the lights the other night and the install was pretty straight forward since I was reusing the slee harness that I have installed, I just cut the old lights off and crimped the new lights on. I didn't take any pictures of the process as its not all that interesting and im sure that weve all had to install lights and don't need to see someone else connect a few wires.

two things to be aware of 1. on the slee harness the blue wire going to the connector for the lights is power and black is ground, 2. these lights are not reverse polarity, positive needs to be wired to positive and ground to ground. the wiring color is what you would expect, red is positive and black is ground and there is plenty of wire available to make your connections theres about 16-18 inches between the light and the end of the supplied pig tail harness. the connectors on their harness are well sealed and look like they should be able to keep the pins nice and dry.

the lights are nice and bright and had a really nice pattern, these are a solid all around driving light. ill have to adjust the lights as I tried to align them on the wall at work but I ended up just aligning both of them to aim at the oncoming lane of traffic :meh:. im going to get them aligned so that they throw a little more light out to the side as my headlights have pretty good reach. I had them on the whole ride home (30 min or so) and checked for any heat on the housing and it was cold to the touch so they should be anble to dissipate heat fairly well. and now some much needed pics

headlights only, I have led headlights installed.

headlights and high beams, high beams are still halogen bulbs.

low beams with new lights

all lights on

overall im happy with the lights for the price, they seem really well built and hopefully they will hold up and last a long time. they do carry a limited lifetime warrantee but its pretty much on the led and housing, cosmetic damage is not covered and you will need to retain proof of purchase so save that receipt. the supplied hardware is metric thread 8x1.25 and the bolds have a 13mm head to fit the indentations in the brackets to keep the bolts form turning while installing. if you have to g et longer bolts as I did you may need a 12mm wrench to hold the bolt while tightening in nut.

Not bad from the pic. Thanks for the write-up.

20190312_203140.jpg

I was able to get the lights aimed better, they are a solid all around driving light with a fairly wide light pattern. overall after having them on the truck for a few weeks im happy with the lights

I might've missed it on their site but is there a flush mount option? I have ARB bull bar up front and tons of room in that thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom