Electronic F & 2F Distributors (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

denso pic - Copy.jpg

@GA Architect may have some input.
Thanks, we’ve been chatting.

I am going to put new set of plug wires and new coil.... my current one has been placed horizontally and it’s oil filled. Replacing it with an epoxy filled Pertronix.

I do not see consistant spark from my current set up, will pop first couple seconds of key turn, but then no spark after that.

Thanks, we’ve been chatting.

I am going to put new set of plug wires and new coil.... my current one has been placed horizontally and it’s oil filled. Replacing it with an epoxy filled Pertronix.

I do not see consistant spark from my current set up, will pop first couple seconds of key turn, but then no spark after that.
Let me know if you want to upgrade to a refurbished FJ60 distributor.

You can replace the anti-overrun type rotor with a US market OEM type rotor used on the 1/75 through 8/80 2F distributors - Toyota Part Number 19102-45150.

Were any instructions included? If it's like some of the other similar aftermarket electronic distributors, one lead goes to the coil (+) terminal and the other goes to the coil (-) terminal. No igniter required. Were you able to install it so that the rotor is pointing to the #1 terminal on the distributor cap when the engine is at top dead center on the compression stroke?

Were any instructions included? If it's like some of the other similar aftermarket electronic distributors, one lead goes to the coil (+) terminal and the other goes to the coil (-) terminal. No igniter required. Were you able to install it so that the rotor is pointing to the #1 terminal on the distributor cap when the engine is at top dead center on the compression stroke?
No instructions :-(
I installed it at TDC and rotor pointed on 1 on the cap. Red and Black wires from sensor connected accordingly to +/- of coil.....
Mechanically it sits very well and rotor spin well. I think that either the sensor is bad or I need to switch between red and black? I worry that if I try opposite black and red it will burn the sensor....on the other hand it doesn't work anyway....:)

I have a petronix electronic contacts on my original dizzy. Maybe I will try to put it on the new one and see.....

The only reason I replace the dizzy is because my vacuum advancer is not working well.....

Any thoughts?

I have new NipponDenso vacuum advancers that either will fit your distributor or can be easily modified to fit. Can you post a photo of yours with the cap and rotor off? I've been selling them for ~$70 plus shipping.

I have new NipponDenso vacuum advancers that either will fit your distributor or can be easily modified to fit. Can you post a photo of yours with the cap and rotor off? I've been selling them for ~$70 plus shipping.
Thanks a lot @4Cruisers.
I might end up doing that. At the meantime I discovered that the new dizzy came with a module for 0.7 ohm coil. I ordered the module for 3 ohm coil and will give it a try....
The British company PowerSpark carry those parts.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom