Electronic F & 2F Distributors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd like one too... How long out are they? I just bought your carb for my 71 1F, and have the stock retard dizzy with petronix. Need the vac advanced electronic dizzy! Also, will my petronix coil work with your dizzy? Thanks! FYI - I just plugged the vac port on both the carb and stock dizzy, and it runs good. Your carb is awesome! VERY happy with the carb purchase!

Available yet?
I have a '74 with 1f and stock retard dizzy...

Any news on the Dizzy's. Just curious if this is something I can order for my 78 40

Interested in one once they are back in stock

And if that doesn't work just go to this link cause I'm a tard when it comes to figuring out Woodys secret code things.

View attachment 943082

View attachment 943085

View attachment 943088

View attachment 943089

hi all i have one of these . putting on my fj62 . what wires go where > red wire coil ? black wire with plug to exsisting dizzy plug ? there is a extra plug near the vac advance ? and also have deleted the resistor coil . straight 12 volt coil . just joined 2 wires together from ballast resistor delete resistor . plugged in coil . any help really appreciate . as my wagon no go .

and thats the thing with this cheap rubbish no info on what type of coil etc , no tech info , cant find out what is the correct primary resistance on coil for unit , 2 distributors failed in a week , cant by modules etc etc

Does anyone know if there is a way to test the modules inside the dizzy. I rigged up a test light with a ground wire off the base plate to the - battery and the test light between the - battery and the - module and the + of module to + of battery and nothing happens. I thought this might work because I saw a guy on YouTube test his the same way.

anybody know the part number for the signal generator in a Trollhole F dizzy? Or what model year and vehicle it is from?

And a source, would be awesome.

Thanks,
upload_2018-12-26_19-13-55.png

Signal generator.jpg

Last edited:
Yes will work but it's a vac retard dizzy. You are better off using the other dizzy and not connecting the vac line until you can get a new dizzy.

Hi,
I’m after an electronic dizzy for my ‘74 FJ40 which is running the 3.9L 6Cyl 1F Petrol Engine and (from what I can tell) the stock points distributor with vacuum retard.

From reading through this thread, doesn’t look like the dizzy that everyone’s after has come in to stock? 🤔

I would love to see if anyone can source this or point me in the direction of an online store or ebay listing...

I’m located is Australia so I’m going to need International Shipping.

P.S I’m trying to stay away from resorting to fitting a PerTronix Ignitor II Kit & Flamethrower Coil as I’ve heard mixed reviews 👍

Look forward to hearing from you 40 experts!!!

I’ve uploaded some photos of my recently Raptor Lined (Factory Cadet Blue) shorty!

4D3B8604-7BC9-471B-8BC7-A8B3963BB9D5.jpeg

07E29090-0D3D-4C0B-9B34-CC048870E63B.jpeg

9465C4FD-0CE1-40B4-BB61-BC9B6292F045.jpeg

A904EF9B-B348-45F1-B759-3A8382C7ECBD.jpeg

306332D9-7B56-4F23-B48C-AF7D13A0BA2A.jpeg

Hi,
I’m after an electronic dizzy for my ‘74 FJ40 which is running the 3.9L 6Cyl 1F Petrol Engine and (from what I can tell) the stock points distributor with vacuum retard.

From reading through this thread, doesn’t look like the dizzy that everyone’s after has come in to stock? 🤔

I would love to see if anyone can source this or point me in the direction of an online store or ebay listing...

I’m located is Australia so I’m going to need International Shipping.

P.S I’m trying to stay away from resorting to fitting a PerTronix Ignitor II Kit & Flamethrower Coil as I’ve heard mixed reviews 👍

Look forward to hearing from you 40 experts!!!

I’ve uploaded some photos of my recently Raptor Lined (Factory Cadet Blue) shorty!

View attachment 2400068

View attachment 2400069

View attachment 2400070

View attachment 2400071

View attachment 2400072
Did you ever get another electronic distributor?

@Trollhole

Does anyone have feedback on one of Marshals distributors and a Holley Sniper?

My sniper unit is not reading a RPM signal from the coil (-) and will not fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom