Electronic F & 2F Distributors (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Desmogged '76 FJ40 with an Aisin Carb, Took off my distributor cap to find this.. I think its time to get myself one of these electronic distributors...

Have been experiencing some issues where Ill get some misfiring at idle, misfiring and backfiring at lower RPM on acceleration, and then all of that clearing up at higher RPM. The vacuum advance must not be working properly or something at those lower RPM's, and I can see why it might not be! Been looking all over for a new distributor, considered the HEI DUI swap but have now heard bad reviews on them (like when they get wet for example). I thought it was a carb issue but it seems like more of a timing issue. Not sure if any of the onese being sold 10ish years ago are still available, but I have found some similar options on Amazon.
1000039454.jpg

Desmogged '76 FJ40 with an Aisin Carb, Took off my distributor cap to find this.. I think its time to get myself one of these electronic distributors...

Have been experiencing some issues where Ill get some misfiring at idle, misfiring and backfiring at lower RPM on acceleration, and then all of that clearing up at higher RPM. The vacuum advance must not be working properly or something at those lower RPM's, and I can see why it might not be! Been looking all over for a new distributor, considered the HEI DUI swap but have now heard bad reviews on them (like when they get wet for example). I thought it was a carb issue but it seems like more of a timing issue. Not sure if any of the onese being sold 10ish years ago are still available, but I have found some similar options on Amazon.
View attachment 3616077
I may have a recently refurbished 2F distributor available. I converted it to Toyota electronic ignition (using '81-'87 internals) and added a new aftermarket vacuum advancer. I also have good used '78 2F and '81/'82 Tercel igniters that will fit your coil/bracket. You'd be good to go. Let me know if you're interested.

I may have a recently refurbished 2F distributor available. I converted it to Toyota electronic ignition (using '81-'87 internals) and added a new aftermarket vacuum advancer. I also have good used '78 2F and '81/'82 Tercel igniters that will fit your coil/bracket. You'd be good to go. Let me know if you're interested.
I ordered this one from amazon, had a gift card so I got it for pretty cheap. It's supposed to get here around May 6th, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have a backup in case this one doesn't work! Feel free to message me with the prices/details!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom