eimkeith Panhard correction kit install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nope; you should have gotten the flat bracket - not the V-shaped one that is for the later FZJ (vs FJ).

HOWEVER: a couple of my prototype guys ran that one on their early axles; they made fill plates and welded them in the voids and carried on. (That would be my suggestion since you've fully welded the bumper side already.)

The voids are the only difference between the two versions, btw. And I'm glad you posted this - it's a great example of the difference between the early and late factory mounts!
Keith, I know we had this conversation before, I don't think the difference is a FZJ versus a FJ or early or late model. After looking at the axle again, I now think the difference is ABS versus non ABS model. In this picture you can see the ears hold the ABS wire.
View attachment 2481006
[/QUOTE]

1604590104974.png

Last edited:
Finally got mine in...had to use the jack handle as breaker bar extension trick to break the bolts loose but otherwise was fairly straightforward. My welding was not brilliant but seems like it will hold, and with paint on won't embarrass me too much...I think. Waiting on delivery of an adjustable panhard bar as I managed to bend mine pressing out the bushing (yeah, that was a disappointment!)

View attachment 2486801
View attachment 2486802
Thanks for a nice product @eimkeith
@Box Rocket if you haven't sorted out the frame side piece yet lmk, I am happy to send you mine for a six pack of IPA (and shipping.)
Thanks. I've got a frame side bracket. Just haven't had time to weld it in yet.

Keith, I know we had this conversation before, I don't think the difference is a FZJ versus a FJ or early or late model. After looking at the axle again, I now think the difference is ABS versus non ABS model. In this picture you can see the ears hold the ABS wire.
View attachment 2481006

View attachment 2487073
[/QUOTE]

absolutely - I simply use FJ/FZJ as an internal order code; that's why I stress the shape difference on the order page - it takes a few seconds to verify which axle one has/what bracket is needed. I don't know what the delineation line/year/option is, so visual inspection seems to be the best way to do it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom