EGR Temp Sensor Test Plug (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I've got a blank on the inlet in place and I plan on doing the new switch with 4.7ohm resistor do I still need to blank off any vacuum hoses?

Last edited:
I've done a temporary 4.7k ohms resistor and doubled all vacuum hoses back on themselves, my idle has dropped to around 500rpm ( feels lumpy ) is this normal? Could someone post a pic of the vacuum hoses for me to check against please?

TIA

Last edited:
20191006_122344.jpg

Does my vacuum hoses look ok ?

Screenshot_20191006-124725_Gallery.jpg

Your idle should not have dropped. I would also get your resistor waterproofed. You will end up getting water/corrosion in your main harness, possible.

Your idle should not have dropped. I would also get your resistor waterproofed. You will end up getting water/corrosion in your main harness, possible.
So 100 miles or there about and I get the CEL come back on with the p0401 again!

Is the 4.7k ohms resistor 1/2 watt ?
Thanks

Yes 1/2 watt is fine. Put an ohm meter on your resistor and check it. I'm not really a fan of those little crimp connectors like your using there. If it checks out and you are sure you have done the rest correct, start working down your harness as you may have an issue in the wiring. That is very rare, but it does happen.

The colors on that resistor look suspect to me too. Make sure you have the correct one.

Yes 1/2 watt is fine. Put an ohm meter on your resistor and check it. I'm not really a fan of those little crimp connectors like your using there. If it checks out and you are sure you have done the rest correct, start working down your harness as you may have an issue in the wiring. That is very rare, but it does happen.

The colors on that resistor look suspect to me too. Make sure you have the correct one.
That's what it says on the packet they came in 4.7k ohms 1/2 watt. What I got there was a temporary set up, I did plan on pulling the temp sensor harness and using that plug to solder the resistor in and make it permanent. Have you looked at the pictures for my vacuum hoses? I've just doubled everything back on itself! Not sure if that's correct or not.
Thanks again!!

This look super 🤔
I‘ve a 94 OBD1 throwing a 71code (EGR).
Would this test connector neutralize my current CEL status to allow further testing?

TIA

This look super 🤔
I‘ve a 94 OBD1 throwing a 71code (EGR).
Would this test connector neutralize my current CEL status to allow further testing?

TIA

Yes, yes it would:)

Just ordered a kit, we will see if this solves my P0401. Every time I think I have this thing handled, it comes back with a vengeance.

I’ve been super happy w/ my tester.
May be about 500 miles since install and it’s doing its job perfectly.
#welldone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom