EGR Temp Sensor Test Plug (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So here in NJ they test for ECU readiness, mine shows not ready and it is throwing the P0401, so I cannot use this resistor and plug?

The test kit will give the ECM the value it needs to prevent the code and making it so you can clear the code, but the ECM will not achieve readiness if it wasn't at readiness prior to you installing the test plug. You have to give the ECM the drive cycle protocol along with no trouble code to achieve readiness.

Here is more reading on the readiness subject. EGR Readiness Achieved with EGR Removed!

Look forward to deleting power robbing stuff of these soon to be 25 year old beasts of burden!
Need 2 kits for 1994 Land Cruiser. PLMK when & where !!!
Regards,
Frank

Look forward to deleting power robbing stuff of these soon to be 25 year old beasts of burden!
Regards,
Frank

Right here, right now -- HuddExpo Land Cruiser

Just make sure you pick OBDI or OBDII as 94 could be either depending on how late in 94 it was built.

Thanks,

David

Regards,
Frank
i deleted the PAIR and EGR on my 94, idles quieter and smoother,i wish i would have recorded the difference,going to go back and get another emissions test to see if anything changed.

The test kit will give the ECM the value it needs to prevent the code and making it so you can clear the code, but the ECM will not achieve readiness if it wasn't at readiness prior to you installing the test plug. You have to give the ECM the drive cycle protocol along with no trouble code to achieve readiness.

Here is more reading on the readiness subject. EGR Readiness Achieved with EGR Removed!

So I install the plug which clears the code for me or do I use my code scanner? After that I just drive it so the ECU achieves readiness?

So I install the plug which clears the code for me or do I use my code scanner? After that I just drive it so the ECU achieves readiness?

Either way. It should clear the code after some drive cycles too.

I ordered mine Friday, arrived today, thank you sir! Can't wait to get this in so that I can take the black tape off my cluster covering the always illuminated CEL

what sizes are the ball bearings for hose block off?

worked perfectly ! the light went off after 3 cycles of start/ off..... I did just the relay and the plug for now.

thanks !

I used BB’s for the smaller vac lines and a 7mm for the larger line below the egr modulator. The 7mm was from some slingshot ammo found at a local sporting goods store.

I used BB’s for the smaller vac lines and a 7mm for the larger line below the egr modulator. The 7mm was from some slingshot ammo found at a local sporting goods store.
I assume you have extras for when i drop mine off

So I received the test kit and installed it. I have been driving it only for a couple of days but the CEL is still on and have a P0401 code. SHould I just keep driving it and wait longer? Also the allen plug even with teflon tape was extremely loose so I just screwed the sensor back in to plug the hole. Should I keep driving it until the CEL goes off or clear the code with my scanner tool? I have until end of February here in NJ to get it working or they will suspend the registration on the truck. Thanks.

There might be some wiring between there and the ECU that has a problem, but start by testing the plug. I haven’t had a bad one yet, but with an ohm meter you should be getting 4.7k ohm through the plug.

PM sent too.

Last edited:
So a few months back I ordered just the plug. Been working great. When @LC4LIFE started offering a full delete kit I sent a PM and wanted to purchase the plugs and directions for a full delete. He sent them to me at no charge! Great kit and great service. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom