Early Toyota Manufacturing Subcontractors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

oem steering stabilizer in 1962 was kyb. pn 45700-60010 for reference
IMG_20140412_151900_608.jpg

My early stocks were stamped Kotico as well as Toyota. I thought that Kotico was a division of Toyota. The part number on my stocks started 2BJ. Curious Toyota switched to ten digit in 63 but your 62 already has ten digit number on the stabilizer. Guessing the process started early and took until 63 to be complete.

My early stocks were stamped Kotico as well as Toyota. I thought that Kotico was a division of Toyota. The part number on my stocks started 2BJ. Curious Toyota switched to ten digit in 63 but your 62 already has ten digit number on the stabilizer. Guessing the process started early and took until 63 to be complete.

Tokico. ;)

Tokico and KYB have interchanged for many years depending on application and market. Toyota has had interesting relationships with their suppliers.

Neither are internal Toyota Group companies.

The 1960 FJ25 parts catalog that I have has a mixture of the legacy part numbering system as well as the modern 10 digit part numbering system.

Tokico. ;)

Tokico and KYB have interchanged for many years depending on application and market. Toyota has had interesting relationships with their suppliers.

Neither are internal Toyota Group companies.

The 1960 FJ25 parts catalog that I have has a mixture of the legacy part numbering system as well as the modern 10 digit part numbering system.

I sure your right. I was going from memory which isn't to good any more. Last time I was at my cabin we ended up leaving in a hurry. For family reasons I not able to make it back where I have all my old shocks.

If your parts book is white with red and orange triangles it's a book a few of us have. My micro-fiche also has both parts numbers. I also acquired some books from the mid 60 that have the conversion for the early FJ40 parts as well. Just no way to update the early ten digit numbers to the numbers that superseded them.

If bulbs weren't Koito they might be Stanley (yes, it's a Japanese Co.) or Toshiba.
Pacific made fuses.
20210430_142805.jpg
20210430_143607.jpg

Last edited:
Three peak mountain on F135 exhaust manifold: Nishioka Malleable Iron Industries (thanks @Citrus Cruiser ).
E27B3FE4-05B7-4FEE-915C-272F2BA6131B.jpeg

The glass maker Asahi Glass Company mentioned earlier was founded in 1906. They mark their stuff AGC on recent Toyota glass. @ToyotaMatt says the flying saucer logo on this plexiglass was a logo they used to use.

20210630_200107.jpg

SHIROKI KINZOKU

It says PAT PEND on the arm, i have always assumed that the paperwork for the patent hasn't been finished yet whenever i see that. I wonder if they ever got it since this window regulator design isn't the greatest, and had a short run before the regulator that was introduced in 63.
Besides it being a bit of a PIA to get it working i still love the uniqueness of this regulator.
IMG_0720.jpeg
IMG_0721.jpeg
IMG_0761.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom