Early Toyota Manufacturing Subcontractors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
other than the obvious, anyone come across regularly used subcontractors used by Toyota?

Koito

Denso

Arakawa

Aisin, Kyosan-Denki

Not near my grey 25 and that is where the vacuum wipers are. Who made those? Don't believe it was TNK who made the first electric wipers used in the FJ40. LandCruiserSteve had a set of early TNK wipers which I believe were stock. I remember seeing picture of another cruiser with the same wipers.

Early switches had a TR on them I believe was this another subcontractor?

Not near my grey 25 and that is where the vacuum wipers are. Who made those? Don't believe it was TNK who made the first electric wipers used in the FJ40. LandCruiserSteve had a set of early TNK wipers which I believe were stock. I remember seeing picture of another cruiser with the same wipers.

Early switches had a TR on them I believe was this another subcontractor?

we've got one of annies motors apart on the table and see no markings at all. drop lamps we have are marked tr

correction. in the dark room, and upside down, we couldn't see. they are marked tnk. they are painted to match the rig so i would assume they are original.

Last edited:
tnk is not on the cover on annies motors, but it is on the covers on the fj45 and the spare motor i have

Checked my 61 what that still had the wipers installed and same thing, No stamped TNK. I would check my other early wipers to be sure but guessing I will find no stamping. Were these 100% sure TNK? Doubt we could ever find out. While looking around I found my vacuum wipers local. These were made by by ASAHI.

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

the inspection lamp socket is marked "tokairikadenki"

Asahi made the whole FJ25 in my avatar.;)
John who made the fuel pump with the glass bowl built in, Nikki?

John who made the fuel pump with the glass bowl built in, Nikki?

The only one I have with a built in glass for for a filter is on top and I believe is GM. Other then numbers only see AC. The one your talking about has a filter housing cast with the filter inline. A few on here have one. John P#3 and Phil come to mind.

the very sexy 'pop up' indicators used on aussie fj25 were made by APOLLO (or perhaps APO LLO). made in japan. interesting if the had other applications; the toyota market would have been quiet small.

Sumatomo?- wire harness

Early FJ4* seat belts were Takata Kojyo Co Ltd

View attachment 751436

View attachment 751438

I just pulled the one original seat belt ot of my 65 FJ45LP-B. Belt is the same as your red only only label read 1964.

Curious what did the black belt come out of, a 45LV? My 68 were still red with a black release lever. No clip to attach but a angled chrome plate with a mounting hole.

Speedo and gauges are marked Autometer.

...via IH8MUD app

I just pulled the one original seat belt ot of my 65 FJ45LP-B. Belt is the same as your red only only label read 1964.

Curious what did the black belt come out of, a 45LV? My 68 were still red with a black release lever. No clip to attach but a angled chrome plate with a mounting hole.

I was told by a reputable source the black ones are from Datsun/Nissan patrols

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom