Driver Side Resi Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.sgu.life
My DS resi is mounted at an angle due to the kdss and it rubs. I’m trying to figure out how to mount it so it doesn’t rub. I spoke to Icon and they said that it has to be mounted at an angle and there’s no way to avoid this.

Would any of you kind folks that are running BP51’s mind posting a photo of how your resi is mounted? Or if any Icon folks have figured out how to mount their resi higher on the DS, that’s be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

Ok so I flipped the mount to angle up instead of down. Can anyone smarter than me, more experienced than me, more mechanically inclines than me please tell me if you see any issues with this?

415A5A6F-EC87-46A7-B77D-07B2C3B72989.jpeg

What rubs what? Might be because you’re trying to keep the plastic covers? I’ve got a pic of ours in our build thread.

Last edited:
D784DC70-021B-4802-9E70-C04352812A4A.jpeg

I modified tundra bracket and moved it above frame rail. I lost my hose clamps while wheeling in Moab. So this solution seems to work.

Your fittings for hose are slightly different. I used resi plate mounts from Tundra. You would have to call icon to get those. I used a plasma cutter to cut notches out for hose clamps, 90 degree bend and drill new holes to mount on frame. I did that for both sides.

check out the king brackets....super easy. Also - i ended up removing the little plastic peice in between the bracket and frame after I took this pic.... I just didn't take a pic after that. That way the bracket sits right up next to the frame.

IMG_5897.jpg

Last edited:
check out the king brackets....super easy. Also - i ended up removing the little plastic peice in between the bracket and frame after I took this pic.... I just didn't take a pic after that. That way the bracket sits right up next to the frame.

View attachment 1667302
Ok. That’s exactly what I want. So those were the King bracket for the Tundra?

Looks a
Ok so I flipped the mount to angle up instead of down. Can anyone smarter than me, more experienced than me, more mechanically inclines than me please tell me if you see any issues with this?

View attachment 1666459
Yes, BIG TIME, things look a little too squeaky clean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom