Driver door lock not working (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HI all,

Brand new to this forum, and brand new to these cars. I just on a whim picked up an '04 Lx470. Putting my wife in it for a daily. I'm an old german car guy, so I've had my fair share of light duty fixing old broken s***.

This car's driver door lock is not actuating with the button in the car. I don't have a remote key yet, but I am sure it'll do the same thing when I get a key programmed for it. All other locks in the car unlock and relock properly, but not the driver door. Anyone have tips to diagnose and repair it?

I've read that there is only one relay in the truck for the door locks, so being that only one door is out, I'm skeptical that a broken relay is what's causing it. I'd buy a new door lock actuator, but those are pretty expensive and it very well could not be my solution. Possibly related, the horn is on all the time... The previous owner pulled the fuse so that wouldn't happen... But it may be related... I dont know though. Any pointers are appreciated! I know very little about these cars, and it's my first Japanese car.

Try This Thread:

There’s 3 door lock relays, located inside behind the driver’s kick panel. Not a fun job to replace, but inexpensive if you want to try it. You’ll need 3 RY612 relays.

I’ll agree with the majority of folks on here that say that the MAJORITY of the time, it’s the actual lock motor. Rock Auto has them around $100/door.

References for the horn issue:

Ok we have the relay part dialed.

What/where is the relay feed master fuse/fuses located. I have a parasitic battery draw and I want to easily eliminate the "sticky lock" from potential causation sources.

Ok we have the relay part dialed.

What/where is the relay feed master fuse/fuses located. I have a parasitic battery draw and I want to easily eliminate the "sticky lock" from potential causation sources.

Several in series to check

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom