Door lock no longer working, appears to not be the actuator.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My rear drivers door hasn’t been working for some time (key fob or button), I finally pulled the door panel and replaced the motor - still dead.

Does anyone know which wires to test voltage on at the actuator? What should my next plan of attack be?

Anyone? maybe someone can post the wiring diagram? trying to verify if the actuator motor is getting voltage on lock/unlock

I just ordered an EWD on eBay (full OEM wiring diagrams) for about $50. Seems like it might allow you the brute-force way to find the problem.

My rear drivers door hasn’t been working for some time (key fob or button), I finally pulled the door panel and replaced the motor - still dead.

Does anyone know which wires to test voltage on at the actuator? What should my next plan of attack be?
Which actuator did you purchase? Part number, manufacturer etc.

I remember that there are two that are very similar, one flat shaft at the end and the other that is round. I'm just going off of the top of my head and this isn't going to help your situation but I'm hoping the more info we dump here the more help this thread will be for others with a seemingly dead actuator. When I replaced mine it was burnt up pretty good. IIRC it's a Mabuchi (Japanese company) that outsourced the motors to China about 20 years ago under their strict guidelines.... supposedly. Another couple of manufacturers did that too who are Toyota babies. It kind of pissed me off to find out that a Mabuchi actuator motor was manufactured in China. WTF?

Anyways, this may help you out as it may be a faulty relay not "pushing the juice to the blue & white wires at the J box".

Give this a read, some good diagrams & info. I'm betting that this will help you solve your issue. * Take not of the advice to check the relays before replacing the actuator(s).

Hope this very little bit of help does help you some.

Ok digging into this further,
I do get a 12v signal between pins 1 and 4 when the doors are locked. Does anyone know if pins 2-3 are supposed to get the 12v to drive the door lock motor? Does anyone know where the wires go to next?

IMG_9227.jpeg

Ok digging into this further,
I do get a 12v signal between pins 1 and 4 when the doors are locked. Does anyone know if pins 2-3 are supposed to get the 12v to drive the door lock motor? Does anyone know where the wires go to next?
Pins 1 and 4 are the unlock detection switch, pins 2 and 3 are the door lock motor. The EWD is available as a pdf download from the Resources section of ih8mud and has info on the splice points/wire joining for the wire routing to the body ECU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom