craigslist Dreamer of the week (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1984 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 Full Size 4X4 2F

"RARE full size 1984 North-American spec Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 for sale. VERY SOLID. Western truck, just shipped in. Starts right up. Runs good. Needs a good detailing and a paint job to be perfect. Clear title in hand. These FJ60 cruisers are in HIGH DEMAND these days and regularly sell for over $40,000 when finished. Very easy light project or drive as-is while it appreciates in value."

Wow, gotta love CL ads. Asking price on this one is $17,500 and thats probably about $14,000 too high. The wheels alone should be an indication of the problems with this vehicle.

Here is an interesting one....it looks like the entire roof is covered with spray painted duct tape
LANDCRUISER fj60 1985

New extra parts....15% of rust.. <-- ???

Maybe its a poem....

1) 1985 toyota landcruiser
2) 4spd 4x4 ps ac etc.........
3) mechanical perfect, local
4) toyota dealer previous owner
5) Is park for the last 10 years..
6) New extra parts....15% of rust..
7) $9500 obo as is.......

1. Good so far
2. Ok, understand how tiring it gets writing out the long list of accessories and options found on these machines
3. Mechanical + ly perfect, Local to what?
4. i think they were all "Toyota dealer previous owners"
5. Is park for the last 10 years. Is good why for?
6. New extra parts.......15% of rust is new?
7. $9500 obo as is......well as is its not a $9500 truck.

Here is an interesting one....it looks like the entire roof is covered with spray painted duct tape
LANDCRUISER fj60 1985

I emailed the seller:

"Hi can you tell me what is wrong with the roof? The photos of the roof are very hard to see and it looks like its covered in spray painted duct tape. Can you provide some better roof photos and explain what is going on there?"

Got a response:

"(Duct tape)...call me....included a number "

I really hope that nobody is actually buying these rolling steaming piles of crap.........

Nice looking $2000 Fj62 being offered for $6000 with this caveat:

"If this FJ62 was in any better condition, we would be selling it for 2x as much, please take that into consideration and do your research. Slightly negotiable on price. Thank you "

I like the people that opt for Duct tape as a body repair:

By "slightly", do you really mean "completely", as this is a parts truck?
100% even $2000 could be high if the frame reflects the body.

Looks like our guy has finally given up!

Oh sadness....will this be the end of a saga? Someone on here should go get it for $1000 and then after that one of us can email him an offer for $12,000 :)

Someone bought that blue one! And is trying to flip it...or probably realized their mistake...

Someone bought that blue one! And is trying to flip it...or probably realized their mistake...

At least they're disclosing (some of the?) issues with that POS.

Our Boy is back...price is down to $5500, description is a lot more honest, and pictures are showing actual issues with the truck. Its still about $4000 over price though. It popped up on SC CL this time....still showing PA plates though. Looks like wheels are the same only now painted black

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom