craigslist Dreamer of the week (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1984 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 Full Size 4X4 2F

"RARE full size 1984 North-American spec Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 for sale. VERY SOLID. Western truck, just shipped in. Starts right up. Runs good. Needs a good detailing and a paint job to be perfect. Clear title in hand. These FJ60 cruisers are in HIGH DEMAND these days and regularly sell for over $40,000 when finished. Very easy light project or drive as-is while it appreciates in value."

Wow, gotta love CL ads. Asking price on this one is $17,500 and thats probably about $14,000 too high. The wheels alone should be an indication of the problems with this vehicle.

Agreed 100%. However I think there is a good chance the seller will get around $5k for it. Its down in that range where the price curve crosses the new owner desire curve and that point creates the justification for said new and perhaps not well informed buyer with more lust and desire for a 60 they can afford than knowledge about actual value.

I hope not...seriously. If a guy really pays asking price for it they're going to be opening a pandora's box of problems and issues.

But you're right, someone will probably buy it who just really wants one and doesn't care about the issues.

I submit for your review this week....Given rust and a locked up engine....price seems on the dreamer level.

Think of it this way...

Would you pay $8,500 for this FJ60 if it had a brand new fresh rebuilt motor with all the documentation from a reputable builder?

If so... than $5,500 is not too far out of the ball park in my opinion. Buy it and have the F2 motor rebuilt "right" by the builder of your choice, then you know it is good for another 300k miles.

I am not saying I would buy it, but it looks like a clean TLC with very little rust. If I were in the market and close to it, I would deferentially take a look at it. Bring cash and see just how "firm" he is on the price :). I've bought vehicles for WAY BELOW the "firm price" in the past. Show up with a trailer, wave some $100's in front of him, and you might get this things for $3k-$4k???

Heck... if you bought this thing for $5k and put another $5k in it (motor, trans, breaks, front end rebuild, etc), you would have a sweet and solid FJ60 for $10k.

Just my two cents...

Last edited:
Think of it this way...

Would you pay $8,500 for this FJ60 if it had a fresh rebuilt motor with all the documentation from a reputable builder?

If so... than $5,500 is not too far out of the ball park.

I am not saying I would buy it, but it looks like a clean TLC with very little rust. If I were in the market and close, I would deferentially take a look at it. Bring cash and see just how "firm" he is on the price :)

Just my two cents...

A new dash and a new motor...maybe I'd pay $8500.

I think the problem with the $5,800 asking price is someone is going to have to pay the cost of having a new motor installed, which could easily be $3,500 if they have a shop do it.

$5,800 + $3,500 = $9,300 which would put them at a loss and that's just getting it running! Who knows what else it needs.

Financially, it's not beneficial to the buyer...but hey is any rig? When I think about the time and money I have into any of mine I always take a loss. ..so maybe you do have a point there. I'm just rambling now...

:hmm:

A new dash and a new motor...maybe I'd pay $8500.

I think the problem with the $5,800 asking price is someone is going to have to pay the cost of having a new motor installed, which could easily be $3,500 if they have a shop do it.

$5,800 + $3,500 = $9,300 which would put them at a loss and that's just getting it running! Who knows what else it needs.

Financially, it's not beneficial to the buyer...but hey is any rig? When I think about the time and money I have into any of mine I always take a loss. ..so maybe you do have a point there. I'm just rambling now...

:hmm:
Totally agree!!

Once I finish my FJ40, I am probably gonna get a 60. I would love to get one like this and fix it up myself. That way I know that everything is done right. I also love the silver color, so I am sure that influences me as well.

All that being said... I wouldn't buy anything that I didn't see in person. I've see too many of these things look good on CL or MUD, but in person it was a totally different story.

Totally agree!!

Once I finish my FJ40, I am probably gonna get a 60. I would love to get one like this and fix it up myself. That way I know that everything is done right. I also love the silver color, so I am sure that influences me as well.

All that being said... I wouldn't buy anything that I didn't see in person. I've see too many of these things look good on CL or MUD, but in person it was a totally different story.

I've always wanted a 60 and had a lot of chances to buy one before the prices skyrocketed. My biggest mistake was a lifted FJ60 with a 4bt cummins, H55, ARB bumper, lockers, winch and a new interior for $8,000 a couple years ago. If that truck were to sell now it would probably be in the lower $20's.

Hopefully by the time you're done with your 40 the market will calm down a bit!

Just popped up on the Boulder CL...price "down" to $11.5k
Only one pic!

Nice, I was looking to see where it might have gone yesterday. Good to see its heading in the correct price direction. Just needs to drop another $10,000 and it will be in the value ball park. ;)

came across this website with the truck listed (its one of those sites that pools ads from all over the place):
"
1984 Toyota Land Cruiser Additional Info:
Private seller offers a 1984 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60. Finished in factory "Medium Blue" with a "Shadow Grey" interior. 4 wheel drive. 4.2 liter inline 6 cylinder "2F" engine starts right up and drives. Will need some additional tuning and body work to be perfect. Drivers seat has a hole in the cover. Brand new base coat/clear coat paint job. Brand new OEM bright white double side decals. Clear title in hand. These FJ60 Land Cruisers are getting very difficult to come by. This is a great opportunity to buy one and finish it off the way you desire. Please send me a message with any inquiries you may have. Wouldn't this look wonderful in your driveway??? "

No it really really wouldn't

rare white stripes?!?! that he just painted on?!?

Heck of a deal. $3k for a 76 fj40!

um

that's just the hard top.....

He relisted it without a price saying "let's make a deal!"

He relisted it without a price saying "let's make a deal!"

I hope the truck rots right back into the earth, leaving only that crappy layer of paint behind.

Now this ahole is making threats because it keeps getting flagged

“Joey Merlino is my best friend”

What a tool!

At the risk of creating some sort of infinite loop which causes Mud to implode on itself...

I feel compelled to link to this one...

I think the seller is finaly starting to feel defeated.

D8E1F9C8-DE1B-4855-BA03-8F3191933BCC.png

Heres another optimistic seller:

$1750
"Rare FJ60 FJ62 Brush Guard bumper. I had this imported from S. America and have not seen then available in the US. Heavy but can assist with delivery or shipping anywhere in the US for extra. "

00O0O_kLLjqUZ6UR8_600x450.jpg

And another even more optimistic seller:

$1350
Man-a-Fre style brush guard bumper for FJ40s and FJ45. Includes winch plate, roller and lights. Tons of other cruiser parts available.

00G0G_63al46bYh30_1200x900.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom