craigslist Is this guy high? $120k FJ40 on CL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Came across this craigslist ad. This guy is asking $120k for a "all original" FJ40. I thought he meant $12k...but based on the way he describes it as "This FJ40 falls into the top 5% of all original land cruisers." I don't think that is the case. Granted if it is actually $12k, this is a STEAL! Here's the ad below:

00o0o_5UFpbdEyUal_600x450.jpg

00r0r_7fVXMIyuJ1Y_600x450.jpg

00j0j_v8iXIicE3x_600x450.jpg

This FJ40 falls into the top 5% of all original land cruisers.
-Rebuilt motor
-Transmission seals new and gone through
-New clutch and clutch master cylinder
-New radiator, belts, hoses, gear oil
-New brakes and brake master cylinder
-Must see
-Rust free
-New tires
-All original matching numbers
-Truly a rare find!
Serious inquiries only. Message me with any questions and for price. Over the phone offers will be ignored!

Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40

What do you guys think? Is this what a $120k FJ40 looks like?

Is that Mexican or Philippines Peso? There’s a difference too

I also like the “rust free” statement. But there’s clearly rust in those pictures. And you have never looked underneath

That's an awful lot of pictures for the most expensive early 70's FJ40 on the planet. But I saw one on eBay ....

Hope and a prayer listing that somebody offers him $40 and seller walks away laughing?

It’s SoCal...go figure...anything could happen.

Last edited:
“Top 5% of all original Landcruisers “ what does that even mean?
A 1970 with an original roll bar and no original long jump seats.
I think the price is supposed to be $1,200 and a real deal is staring us in the face!!
Someone local needs to go check it!

I was about to write what @HelloKitty65 said: "really honey, these things are super valuable and they're appreciating right now because there's a big collectors boom. If you let me buy it now (a year ago), I'll hold it for a couple years in 'original condition', you'll see....".

I'm just about to list my 'rust-and-bondo' held together, import, 'in restoration stage', BJ40 for $100k.

Really honey..... it'll be fine. ;) :rofl:

Top 5%, $120,000. This may simply be being mathematically challenged. What's an order of magnitude amongst the brethren, though!

The highest $$ I've seen lately was the green one that TLC4X4 sold on BaT last year. The idiots over there bid it up over the Ask.

Sold for $105K all in.

Last edited:
Who else emailed the guy asking if $120K was for real? I did (cuz I'm local to him) and of course, no response...

Seller finally replied that it is the correct price.

I guess the weed comment (or stronger) was accurate.

Maybe it's like the art auction in the movie "Mickey Blue Eyes"?
Probably shouldn't seek any logic in this.

Last edited:
Typical. I guess I triggered him.

Sends me all kinds of cut 'n paste flakery from FJ Company, TLC4x4, Gooding Auction lists, etc on how these are so sought-after and sell for $168K

All I could respond was GLWS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom