Door weatherstrip upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
Threads
In post 135 of this thread regarding Kevin Rowland's ROTW

https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/200578-rotw-kevinmrowland-5.html

More info here:
Weatherstrip

I mentioned that I might be able to get this weatherstrip for a good price. I've been told that the best model for what would be needed is the FJ62 door weatherstrip.

Does anyone have a scrap piece of this they could send me so that I can give it to the potential supplier so that I can get a quote?

Please email or PM if you can help.

Thanks,
Mark
PS For those concerned my intention is to secure a good deal for mudders and not to make a bunch of cash for myself. I will sell the stuff here at my cost...
PPS It is not my intention to undermine the brilliant work Kevin has done on this, and many other mods on his truck. Or to undercut his sales of the weatherstrip he has been able to supply, presumably at cost. It is simply to secure a better price for mudders - including myself. If my supplier can't get a better price than Kevin's then I'm done...

I'd be interested fer sher!

It'd be nice to see what colors are available too. Maybe something closer to the oem gray, or brown...I assume the brown interiors have brown stripping.

I'm happy to order from either of you, just like to see some options. Thanks for the efforts.

Sounds good!
I distributed the last (I think) of the roll I had, so post up whatever you can find.
The stuff I had was definitely not the cheapest, but I knew the quality would be good. If nothing else works out I can get more, but it would nice if Mark can get a better deal.
:cheers:
And brown would be good for the brown cruisers, I am not sure ow bad the Black would clash.

Not to block your endeavor, but Mcmaster Carr sells edge-grip weatherstripping that either is Trim-lock or is very close to that product. It's a pain to find in their catalog, but once you know it's there...It appears there is a minimum 10ft length.

Search "door weatherstripping" and select "edge-grip rubber seals" or start with page 3368 and go from there. No color is indicated but the stuff I have purchased has been black.

62 stripping

Hey Mark-

I can send you some weather stripping off my rig. Its pretty squished and crappy if that matters. I have a 62 and a 60. Just let me know if you need the 62 specifically and how much you need. Oh yeah, I need an address to send to as well.

You can Pm me.

Last edited:
Not to block your endeavor, but Mcmaster Carr sells edge-grip weatherstripping that either is Trim-lock or is very close to that product. It's a pain to find in their catalog, but once you know it's there...It appears there is a minimum 10ft length.

Search "door weatherstripping" and select "edge-grip rubber seals" or start with page 3368 and go from there. No color is indicated but the stuff I have purchased has been black.

I sent mark a PM about the Mcmaster stuff, their prices are good but I have not had luck with abusing their edge trim. I looks just as good as the TrimLoc stuff, (and you can buy much shorter lengths) but the metal that keeps the edge trim part grippy does not seem to hold its shape as well. I was thinking that TrimLoc might make the stuff for them, but with slightly different construction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom