For Sale Door Handle Plunger Gaskets – v2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Threads
Following in the footsteps of this thread: For Sale - FS: Door Handle Plunger Gasket Replacements
Do your door handle plungers "stick" in the depressed position?

Or are they slow to return?

If yes, that makes it difficult to lock your front doors!
If you don't know what I am talking about, or have never taken your door handles apart (because this is not your idea of a good time!), take a look at the pictures below

Once you get the door handles off your Pig, pull the remaining rubber that mounts between your door handle and the Pig body off to reveal 2 screws that hold the plunger into the handle body.

Don't lose the little star washers that mount under the small Phillips head screws!

One the screws are out, you can work the plunger out of the handle body. Chances are that your gasket that goes around the plunger is cracked and incomplete. If this is the case, you will get dust inside the plunger and it will stick to the lube on the plunger shaft. Clean all the "schmutz" off the plunger shaft and lube it with some PB Blaster or Aero Kroil, slide this new gasket onto your door handle plunger and then reassemble.

Your door handles will now operate like butter!

Pictures:
8-24-14-126-jpg.933543

8-24-14-129-jpg.933544

8-24-14-127-jpg.933545

1 set = 4 Pieces - see picture above.

I have 20 sets on hand.

Cut the sprue between each gasket and then remove the remaining nub with a knife or small grinder.

$20/set includes shipping to CONUS destinations

PayPal to tjscholand@comcast.net

I've got a full set of the old ones on the green 55. The install was easy. I do have one handle that is sticking but I'm not convinced it isn't the plunger rod gunked up again :(

I am in the same boat as you - 3 of my 4 handles work well. My passenger side rear door is tricky. Sometimes the plunger will not return.

So fun to pull the door handles on the rear doors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom