DONE! Group buy ELEMENT fire extinguishers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nick makes it 35 total when counting the responses here and what I've received offline. I believe that puts us in the 75-85 total range right now.

I'm awaiting word from CLCC that they've arrived at a price and I will update here accordingly.

Again, if Element decides they do not want to offer us a bulk discount that is beyond that of the 10-pack that can be had through Amazon then I will let that be known here and we can just make the Amazon order ourselves and/or let people back out at that point since no money will have changed hands yet. Easy peasy reevaluateasy.

I already own 2, otherwise I'd be in. Unless the price really goes down and then maybe I'll pick up another one :hmm:

I'd be in for 2..

After seeing them , put me down for 2 . I'd like for my daughter to have one.

In an 80 Series for scale
1597085167186.png

I guess i am in for two. You guys have to stop spending my money...

^ what he said.

I watched the videos. If the cost is reasonable I'm in for 2.

Here’s the deal; this will be final. Cutoff for orders is Friday.

Regarding Amazon, Element says that they do not sell any product on Amazon and that the listing there is suspicious and is being investigated/removed. Seeing how I would not want to have a possibly counterfeit fire extinguisher, I will not be taking a chance there.

They have, however, offered us pretty much the same deal - 15% off. They are also including shipping to me in North Carolina, and I will then arrange more localized distribution through our members. They offer two models:
E50 (50-second discharge) is $67.96 each.
E100 (100-second discharge) is $101.96 each

Please send me a PM with which model you want and the quantity. There are no extra fees so just multiply your quantity by the listed prices. I’ll then give you my Paypal info and will expect payment by Friday. I’ll confirm your payment by the end of the day it’s received. All money will then be sent to Capital Land Cruiser Club, who is arranging this purchase for a few of us east coast clubs.

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 1.37.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 1.38.04 AM.png

Last edited:
I need two...

Well damn.....all the cool kids are doing it. I'll take three (3).

@JohnVee Will these pass inspection for TLCA sponsored events? If yes, E50 at quantity of four. If not then I will still take four and drag the big ass marine extinguisher down. Thank you for fronting this for the club.

@JohnVee Will these pass inspection for TLCA sponsored events? If yes, E50 at quantity of four. If not then I will still take four and drag the big ass marine extinguisher down. Thank you for fronting this for the club.
Interesting question. The rule: Fire extinguisher, must show full charge and/or have the seal intact

There is no charge or seal. According to Element, there is no US based certification that it is still ok.
IS ELEMENT CERTIFIED?
Originating in Italy, Element has been certified for sale in Europe by CE and TUV. Institutionally it has been tested and certified for use by multiple international military and police groups who have adopted it for active use.

In North America, Underwriters Laboratories (UL) is responsible for the certification of fire extinguishers. UL does their testing to a standard that contains a form (physical shape) component followed by a performance component. Because Element's form does not fit inside of UL's guidelines of what a traditional fire extinguisher looks like (i.e. compressed gas cylinder with a hose and measurement gauge) it is immediately passed over for performance testing. At present UL is being campaigned to update its standards to recognize the different form offered by Element and allow it an opportunity to be tested and certified.

Until the standards are updated Element cannot be used to substitute extinguishers in regulated environments that require a UL (or UL endorsed) certification. Element can however be freely used as an supplement to the extinguishers used where regulation exists.

There are no restrictions in non-regulated environments (car, home, personal garage, etc.) allowing Element to be used freely.

TLCA rules have always been a challenge because of updated technology. In most cases, they let the chapter event organizers "make the call" on pass/fail. There is no ruling board at national level that I know of.

If the seal is intact in the element extinguisher, i can't see why it wouldn't pass inspection. There's no "must be UL certified" line in the TLCA inspection regs.

If the seal is intact in the element extinguisher, i can't see why it wouldn't pass inspection. There's no "must be UL certified" line in the TLCA inspection regs.
There is no seal on the Element FE that I am aware of. Just pull off the cap, turn it over and strike like a match. Upon inspection I would think it would be very obvious to tell if it had been deployed. It would look like a burned up roman candle.

There is no seal on the Element FE that I am aware of.

The seal is the cap, right? I guess you can put the cap back on after use and it'd look the same.

I think there's still some discoloration due to the heat at the end, so like Dave said, you should still be able to tell that it's been used. The chances of somebody saving a used Element and trying to pass it off as an intact one just to pass inspection are pretty slim. Personally, I don't think I'd fail somebody for having an Element instead of a traditional extinguisher.

Update: We stand at 49 units PAID as of this morning! Please let me know via PM if you have paid but haven't received confirmation from me that I received your funds.

Please remember that the cutoff for this order is tomorrow, so get with me as soon as possible if you've been dragging your feet or forgot about this.

So whose going to be the first to set one off? Tag, not it.

Thanks again @JohnVee. After agreeing to purchase two and paying for them, I did more research. Really impressed with their performance and a 50 second timer provides a lot more confidence in putting out a vehicle fire than a quick 9 to 11 second spurt for a traditional fire extinguisher.

@Comet I can't wait to see your youtube demonstration on how well these work.

Fort Fisher - July 2019. Young kid first time on the beach with his new to him Jeep.
1597940045679.png

1597939946942.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom