Dogs of MUD! (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Things continue to keep my attention away from my landcruisers, most recently its a dog.

2 weeks ago, i walk out my front door to go to work and am startled by a dog lying against my garage door. Im immediately puzzled because to my knowledge, the entire property is secure with fencing. I crouch down and invite it over, and it walks to me without hesitation and begins accepting some love. Friendly dog, Heeler, female, about 30-35 lbs. Appears to be in good health, is clean, so obvious signs of injury or harm. Kinda fat. Has a collar on, no tag :(

As im getting ready to leave for work and moving trash cans out to the street for trash day, she shows me a 12” diameter hole in the chainlink of one of my rolling gates. Dog does not want to leave my side and when i went out of the fence, she needed to follow me. Any how, I leave the dog with a retired neighbor for the day and go to work. Post lost/found ads to facebook local groups to try and connect her with her owner. She stays with neighbor for 2 days and no one has claimed her. No lost dog flyers within a 1 mile radius. Nothing at local per stores. Nothing at shelter.

I get a reply on FB that a local woman can come scan her for a chip. She does, and no chip :(. She reports dog appears to be 2 years old, is in good health, and is PREGNANT. She estimates 1 week or less to birth. Wholy moly.

Neighbor has no interest in keeping dog, he has a s*** head cattle dog that has to be an only dog. It really needs to be put down for having bit 5 people in the last 3 years :rolleyes: Not my deal though. I agree to take her back. I try hard to find owner with zero hits.

Last tuesday rolls around and she goes into birth the minute i get home from work. I had done some prep with a kiddie pool for delivery, and the woman that scanned her foe a chip came over to assist with the birth process. Out plop 9 pups. Ive gone from 1 dog (my terrier charlie) to 11 in 1 weeks time.

Today marks 1 week of life for the little ones and all are still here. Momma seems to be doing what nature intended as far as feeding and care. Ive got 1 runt, but she seems to be feeding enough and is pooping, so im just letting nature take its course. Had to give the mother some milk pills as it didnt seem she was making enough. Linger duration feedings and longer sleep times seem to indicate more milk production is occuring. I have also been mixing her kibble with plain greek yogurt to try and get her more calcium.

Ive never had pups before, and while my experience has been relatively easy compared to some horror stories ive read (hand feeding!), its still been an eye opening experience and fatiguing. I am hoping to raise all 9 to a healthy 8 or so weeks and will then find them their forever homes. Plan is to keep momma (Maggie Mae), but will see how she falls into place after the pups are gone. I do travel a bit for work and usually take my terrier with me (i drive almost everywhere, typically no flights), so she definitely changes that equation.

The alternative to NOT taking her in and giving her and her pups a proper safe place just was not acceptable to me. I hope these pups bring many years of love into their future homes.

View attachment 3324921View attachment 3324922View attachment 3324923View attachment 3324924View attachment 3324925View attachment 3324929View attachment 3324931View attachment 3324934View attachment 3324935
Glad you were able to take care of this momma dog. She knew she needed help birthing her pups and found the right person!

Things continue to keep my attention away from my landcruisers, most recently its a dog.

2 weeks ago, i walk out my front door to go to work and am startled by a dog lying against my garage door. Im immediately puzzled because to my knowledge, the entire property is secure with fencing. I crouch down and invite it over, and it walks to me without hesitation and begins accepting some love. Friendly dog, Heeler, female, about 30-35 lbs. Appears to be in good health, is clean, so obvious signs of injury or harm. Kinda fat. Has a collar on, no tag :(

As im getting ready to leave for work and moving trash cans out to the street for trash day, she shows me a 12” diameter hole in the chainlink of one of my rolling gates. Dog does not want to leave my side and when i went out of the fence, she needed to follow me. Any how, I leave the dog with a retired neighbor for the day and go to work. Post lost/found ads to facebook local groups to try and connect her with her owner. She stays with neighbor for 2 days and no one has claimed her. No lost dog flyers within a 1 mile radius. Nothing at local per stores. Nothing at shelter.

I get a reply on FB that a local woman can come scan her for a chip. She does, and no chip :(. She reports dog appears to be 2 years old, is in good health, and is PREGNANT. She estimates 1 week or less to birth. Wholy moly.

Neighbor has no interest in keeping dog, he has a s*** head cattle dog that has to be an only dog. It really needs to be put down for having bit 5 people in the last 3 years :rolleyes: Not my deal though. I agree to take her back. I try hard to find owner with zero hits.

Last tuesday rolls around and she goes into birth the minute i get home from work. I had done some prep with a kiddie pool for delivery, and the woman that scanned her foe a chip came over to assist with the birth process. Out plop 9 pups. Ive gone from 1 dog (my terrier charlie) to 11 in 1 weeks time.

Today marks 1 week of life for the little ones and all are still here. Momma seems to be doing what nature intended as far as feeding and care. Ive got 1 runt, but she seems to be feeding enough and is pooping, so im just letting nature take its course. Had to give the mother some milk pills as it didnt seem she was making enough. Linger duration feedings and longer sleep times seem to indicate more milk production is occuring. I have also been mixing her kibble with plain greek yogurt to try and get her more calcium.

Ive never had pups before, and while my experience has been relatively easy compared to some horror stories ive read (hand feeding!), its still been an eye opening experience and fatiguing. I am hoping to raise all 9 to a healthy 8 or so weeks and will then find them their forever homes. Plan is to keep momma (Maggie Mae), but will see how she falls into place after the pups are gone. I do travel a bit for work and usually take my terrier with me (i drive almost everywhere, typically no flights), so she definitely changes that equation.

The alternative to NOT taking her in and giving her and her pups a proper safe place just was not acceptable to me. I hope these pups bring many years of love into their future homes.

View attachment 3324921View attachment 3324922View attachment 3324923View attachment 3324924View attachment 3324925View attachment 3324929View attachment 3324931View attachment 3324934View attachment 3324935
Wow! Great job! :clap:

You sir, are a good man.

Jesse is not a fan of the little may flies
20230519_193537.jpg

20230519_193543.jpg

20230513_114803.jpg

They're excited to have all birds back in town from winter vacation. I hope everyone is outside enjoying some nice weather!

My daughter has been fostering this dog for the last couple of weeks. It was officially adopted today. 😁
IMG_4449.jpeg

First camping trip here too; for pepper at least. The doodle is experienced. First real doggie and human immersion event as well and we seemed to have passed the test.

#TUCKERED

IMG_0898.jpeg

IMG_0897.jpeg

IMG_0892.jpeg

IMG_0889.jpeg

IMG_0873.jpeg

He hasn’t even had them six months and he has already chipped one. 🙄

00EA6C6F-CADF-4776-9EA2-49084123C0F5.jpeg

My last Shiba went 18yrs and never chipped a tooth. I guess dogs will be dogs. 🥴

Cheers

Thank you so much for taking in Maggie Mae, and giving here a safe home and a place to have her Pups !!
She did indeed find the person you Sir have a big hart.
Queensland Heelers and such special dogs !! We just Love ours

Sassy is such a Love !!
1686062229165.png

1686062269366.png

Nap Time 🥰

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom